TD Platinum Travel Visa Card
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent.
- Earn 3 points for every $1 spent on groceries and recurring bills.
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent on travel booked through Expedia for TD.
- Receive a welcome bonus of 25,000 points.
- 6 different types of travel and purchase insurance.
- Low minimum income needed for a premium travel card.
- 5-25% discount at Avis Rent-A-Car and Budget Rent-A-Car.
- 15% discount on Priority Pass Membership for airport lounge access.
- Rewards that do not expire and that you can redeem any time for any flight or travel purchase.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$1,000|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
Much like the
Starting with the sign up bonus, the 25,000 points you get is a great way to start saving up for the trip of your dreams. Like the First Class version, you still earn 3 points for every $1 spent - a respectable 1.24% return.
And if you make any purchases through Expedia for TD, then you get 3% return. These points never expire and can be used in so many different ways, like:
- any flight or travel package,
- for gift cards,
- merchandise, or
- even as a statement credit.
This card gives you a fairly good insurance package that includes 6 different types of insurance like travel accident and baggage delay and theft, plus you can know that your purchases are covered by purchase protection and extended warranty.
Just like the First Class version of this card, you are also given discounts to help you on with your travels. Save on airport lounge access and car rentals from Avis or Budget, helping make your trip even more comfortable.
If you want a premium travel Visa card, without the minimum income required by most (and a lower fee) - this card could be it.
What are your thoughts?
Other cards you might like
People interested in this card were also interested in...
◊ The creditcardGenius algorithm calculates an estimated dollar value for all rewards and bonuses by using a typical point value a person can realistically achieve by redeeming their rewards in a reasonably optimized way. The "Welcome Bonus" is the dollar value obtained by combining of all one-time bonuses available to new cardholders within the first year. To qualify for the full bonus you may need to make purchases, meet minimum spending requirements, or complete special actions. Terms and conditions apply.