CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Card
- 15,000 mile sign up bonus worth about $375 in free flights.
- Earn 1 Aeroplan mile for every dollar you spend.
- Earn 1.5 Aeroplan miles on gas, grocery, and drugstore purchases.
- Priority check-in and boarding on Air Canada flights booked with Aeroplan miles.
- Good travel insurance that also works on flights booked with Aeroplan miles.
- 1 free checked back on Aeroplan reward flights.
- 1 free visit to the Maple Leaf Lounge annually.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical||15 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$500|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
Warning: The Aeroplan program will be undergoing major changes in 2020 which could impact reward value. Full details here.
The CIBC and TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite cards are nearly identical in every way. They have slightly different insurance coverage and perks, but in terms of rewards and primary features they are twins.
You get 1 Aeroplan mile per dollar spent on most purchases and 1.5 miles per dollar spent on grocery, gas, drugstore, and Air Canada purchases.
In addition to the usual insurance coverage, concierge service, and other Visa Infinite perks - these cards offer Air Canada specific benefits. Air Canada flights booked with Aeroplan miles qualify you for priority check-in, priority boarding, and 1 free checked bag.
What’s unusual about the insurance coverage is that it also applies on reward flights as well. That’s a great perk if you fly on points frequently as opposed to paying for your tickets.
A few other cards that might interest you.