BMO Rewards Mastercard
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Promo Transfer
- Promo Term
- 9 months
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Earn 1 BMO Rewards point for every $1 spent.
- Up to 20,000 bonus points if you apply before October 31st, 2018.
- Get a 1.99% introductory interest rate on Balance Transfers for 9 months, 1% fee applies to balance amounts transferred.
- Flexible rewards that you can redeem for merchandise, gift cards, flights, hotels and more.
- Up to 25% discount at National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car locations.
- Includes extended warranty insurance, purchase protection, and travel accident insurance.
- Price match guarantee on select airfare and vacation packages on reward bookings.
- Add additional cardholders for free.
- No annual fee.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
If you're looking for a card that gives you rewards, discounts, and insurance – then the BMO Rewards Mastercard could be a solid contender. Especially if renting cars is something that you do often.
Straight talk here: No, this isn't the best BMO Mastercard out there. But then again, with valuable rewards, purchase protection and travel accident insurance, plus discounts on car rentals – this simple no annual fee credit card is surprisingly jam-packed.
With the BMO Rewards Mastercard, you will earn 1 point for every dollar you spend. And this reward points can be used for a number of things, including:
- gift cards,
- statement credits,
- investments, and even...
- charitable donations.
On top of that, if you apply for this card before October 31st, 2018, you can earn up to 20,000 bonus points:
- 10,000 BMO Rewards points after your first card purchase and
- 10,000 BMO Rewards points if you spend a minimum of $1,000 in your first three (3) months.
(Read our detailed review of the BMO Rewards Program – how it works and how to max your rewards.)
More rewards, discounts and perks
Not only does the BMO Rewards Mastercard allow you to earn valuable rewards everywhere you show, but It also gives you 25% discounts at both National and Alamo car rental locations all over the world. This is handy if you often find yourself renting cars either for work or for play.
Then there's insurance...The BMO Rewards Mastercard has baked in purchase protection, extended warranty, and travel accident insurance – see the insurance tab above for added details.
Finally, another nice perk is that you can add extra cardholders at no extra charge.
It's also worth noting that although you need to book your travel through BMO's travel agent, they do price match – so if you do your homework and shop around, you could get a really nice return on your rewards.
If you tend to be someone whose spending breakdown doesn't include car rentals much, this card may not be the best bang for your buck, because ultimately, what you get here is an unlimited 0.71% return on spending – and there are no fee cards on the market that give you better.
Feel free to personalize your spending breakdown using our calculator in the sidebar for results that suit your needs better.
If you use your card a lot, are looking for a bigger return, and you're not scared away by an annual fee – have a look at the
What are your thoughts?
Other cards you might like
People interested in this card were also interested in...