A couple weeks ago, TD came out with the best deals they ever had with some of their Aeroplan cards, including the
Turns out, they weren’t finished with new deals for their other travel cards as well.
So, here’s the new deals TD has for 3 of their travel cards. Just note these offers only run until September 3, 2019.
Get up to $400 worth of points with TDⓇ First Class TravelⓇVisa Infinite*
Starting off our list, the
- 20,000 after making your first purchase,
- 40,000 points after spending $2,000 in 3 months.
- another 20,000 points when you spend $10,000 on the card in the first 12 months.
If you use your points at Expedia For TD, where each point is worth 0.5 cents, this bonus is worth up to $400 ‒ one of the highest sign up bonus for travel points you can use on any travel purchase such as:
- car rentals,
- vacation packages, and
- anything else you can find at Expedia For TD.
So, how many points do you earn on your regular spending?
- 9 points per $1 spent online at Expedia For TD (6 points for bookings made over the phone), and
- 3 points per $1 spent on everything else.
That’s a 1.5% return on your base spend, and a whopping 4.5% return for any travel you book online at Expedia For TD, one of the highest return rates available for travel purchases.
First year free
It’s all for an annual fee of $120, which is waived for your first year, giving you a chance to try out the card and see if it’s right for you.
Keep in mind you need either a personal income of $60,000 or a household income of $100,000 to qualify.
If you value travel points that have great value for ANY type of travel purchase, this is an offer to consider.
Get up to $250 worth of travel points with TDⓇ Platinum Travel* Visa
If you don’t meet the income requirements of the
Until June 2nd, this card is also getting an enlarged sign-up bonus:
- 15,000 points after you make your first purchase, and
- another 20,000 points after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months.
That’s a $175 value when redeemed at Expedia for TD.
What kind of earn rates are you looking at with this card? Here they are:
- 5 points per $1 spent online at Expedia for TD,
- 3 points per $1 spent on groceries and recurring bills, and
- 2 points per $1 spent on all other purchases.
That’s still up to a 1.5% return on your day to day purchases, and 2.5% on bookings made at Expedia for TD.
First year free
The card has an annual fee of $89, which is also being waived for the first year.
More good news? This card has no minimum income requirements.
And if you want the Visa Infinite version, you can call TD and request an upgrade after a year. (The worst they can do is say no.)
Related: How To Maximize The Aeroplan Program
Huge Aeroplan sign-up bonus with TDⓇ AeroplanⓇ Visa Infinite Privilege*
And to top it all off…Want one of the biggest Aeroplan sign-up bonuses you can get? The
What can you do with 50K miles, you ask? You can book 2 long-haul round trip flights to anywhere within Canada and the Continental U.S.
Get 25,000 miles after your first purchase, and another 25,000 miles after spending $2,000 in 3 months.
We value an Aeroplan mile at 2.5 cents each, giving this bonus a whopping value of up to $1,250.
It also has the highest earn rates of any Aeroplan branded credit card:
- 1.5 miles per $1 spent on gas, groceries, drugstores, and aircanada.com purchases (up to $100,000 spent annually), and
- 1.25 miles on all other purchases.
Perks and fees
It also comes with great benefits on all Air Canada flights:
- first checked bag free,
- priority check-in,
- priority boarding, and
- 4 Maple Leaf lounge passes (can only be used on rewards flights).
Plus, this card gives you a Priority Pass membership and 6 free passes, as well as special benefits at Vancouver, Ottawa, and Montreal-Trudeau airports, including priority security screening.
This card does come with a steep annual fee of $399 (which is not waived in the first year), and a household income requirement of $200,000. So it’s not for everyone.