TD® First Class Travel® Visa Infinite* Card
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Card Type
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Apply online by March 3, 2019, to get a full Annual Fee Rebate¹ for the Primary Cardholder for the first year and up to 40,000 TD Points (a travel value of $200 when you book travel purchases through ExpediaForTD.com8) as follows. This offer is not available to residents of Quebec. For residents of Quebec, please click here.
- Welcome Bonus of 20,000 TD Points when you make your first Purchase with your Card¹
- + 20,000 TD Points when you spend $1,000 within 90 days of Account opening¹.
- Earn 9 TD Points7 / $1 on travel booked online through Expedia For TD8.
- Earn 6 TD Points7 / $1 on travel booked over the phone through Expedia For TD8.
- Earn 3 TD Points7 / $1 on all other net purchases.
- Redeem TD Points for travel and travel-related purchases.
- Also redeem⁴ TD Points for retail merchandise and gift cards, or for a cash credit to your Account.
- No travel blackouts⁵, no seat restrictions⁵, and no expiry⁶ for your TD Points.
- An extensive suite of travel insurance.
- Sponsored advertising. The Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD) is not responsible for the contents of this site including any editorials or reviews that may appear on this site. For complete and current information on any TD product, please visit www.TD.com.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical Term||21 days|
|Emergency Medical over 65||4 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$1,000|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
1 Must apply online by March 3, 2019. Welcome Bonus of 20,000 TD Points will be awarded to the TD First Class Travel Visa Account (“Account”) only after the first Purchase is made on the Account. To receive the additional 20,000 TD Points, you must make $1,000 in Purchases on your Account, including your first Purchase, within 90 days of Account opening. If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for this offer. We reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by any one person. Rebate of the Annual Fee for the first year for the Primary Cardholder will occur when you have applied for an Account by March 3, 2019. Rebate will be applied within 2 monthly statements from the date of Account opening. The Annual Fee for any Authorized User Cards added to the Account continues to apply. Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise indicated.
2 Primary Cardholder remains liable for all charges to the Account, including those made by any Authorized User.
3 Every 200 TD Points redeemed are worth $1 in travel savings off the cost of Travel Purchases made through Expedia For TD. Redemptions can only be made in 200 TD Points increments
4 The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates are not liable or responsible for the products, goods or services offered or made available by third party retailers through tdrewards.com
5 Subject to carrier/space availability.
6 TD Points do not expire as long as you are a Cardholder.
7 TD Points must be redeemed in minimum 200-point increments for travel Purchases charged to your Card that are booked online or by phone through Expedia For TD. For travel Purchases charged to your Card that are not booked through Expedia For TD, TD Points must be redeemed in minimum increments of 200 or 250 TD Points as fully explained in the TD Travel Rewards Program Terms and Conditions ("Travel Terms") contained in the TD Travel Credit Cardholder Agreement for your Card. The Travel Terms are available on tdcanadatrust.com/agreements. We can decrease the required minimum TD Point redemption increment at any time. To redeem TD Points for travel Purchases charged to your Card that are not booked through Expedia For TD, Cardholder must contact the TD Travel Rewards Program or visit www.tdrewards.com after the travel Purchase has been posted to the Account and within 90 days from the transaction date of the travel Purchase. The required TD Points will be redeemed from the TD Points balance available at the time the TD Points are redeemed for the travel Purchase, not the transaction date of the travel Purchase. The amount that will be credited toward the travel Purchase will be equal to the value of the TD Points redeemed. If there are insufficient TD Points available to cover the entire amount of the travel Purchase, the Account will only be credited by the value of the TD Points redeemed. Any amount of the travel Purchase not covered by the TD Points redeemed will remain on the Account for payment.
8 Expedia For TD is operated by Expedia, Inc. at www.tdrewards.com and 1-877-222-6492. The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its affiliates are not responsible for any of the services and products offered/provided by Expedia, Inc.
All trade-marks are the property of their respective owners.
* Trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under license.
®The TD logo and other trade-marks are the property of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.
Rewards and discounts are two things that the TD® First Class Travel®Visa Infinite* Card is all about.
It starts you off with up to 40,000 welcome points towards your first First Class Travel adventure:
- 20,000 points when you make your first purchase with your card, and
- 20,000 when you spend $1,000 within 90 days of opening your account.
Plus, you'll get the first year free for the primary cardholder for a limited time.
TD and Visa want their users to feel like they can travel in luxury, and they do a fairly good job of delivering on that. With discounts on:
- car rentals,
- airport lounge access, and
- 24/7 Concierge Service
...this card could have you on your next luxury vacation – at a frugal cost – before you know it.
First Class Travel rewards
One thing that makes this card really stand out against its competitors is the ability to earn up to 4.5% back in rewards. That’s how much you'll earn anytime you book your travel through ExpediaForTD.com, which has all the same deals and options as regular Expedia.
So every time you travel, you could be earning 9 points per $1 spent to go towards your next trip.
Plus, every other dollar you spend will earn you 3 points, which equals 1.5% back in travel rewards booked through Expedia For TD – which is the best way to redeem your points.
These points never expire and can be used on:
- any airline,
- any travel purchase,
- gift cards, or
- as a credit to your TD Travel Credit Card account.
To find out even more about the TD Rewards program, be sure to check out our detailed review.
Travel perks and benefits
Because this card is a Visa Infinite card, there are more perks to list. Aside from the 24/7 Concierge Service, you get access to:
- the Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection – which you can use at over 900 hotels worldwide, and…
- the Visa Infinite Dining Series with exclusive offers on food, wine, travel, entertainment and sports, as well as
- 9 types of travel and purchase insurance.
Get your annual fee waived
This card comes with a $120 annual fee for the primary cardholder ($50 for authorized users), and a fairly high minimum income requirement of $60K ($100K for family).
But, if you’re a TD All-Inclusive Banking Plan customer, you can get the annual fee completely waived. The $29.95 monthly banking plan fee can also be waived if you keep a minimum balance of $5,000 in your account.
A travel card with a lower income requirement
As an alternative, the
You'll get many great perks, with no minimum income requirement:
- 20,000 welcome bonus points,
- 6 different types of travel and purchase insurance,
- discounts on car rentals and a Priority Pass membership, and
- valuable points on every purchase you make.
What are your thoughts?
◊ The creditcardGenius algorithm calculates an estimated dollar value for all rewards and bonuses by using a typical point value a person can realistically achieve by redeeming their rewards in a reasonably optimized way. The "Welcome Bonus" is the dollar value obtained by combining of all one-time bonuses available to new cardholders within the first year. To qualify for the full bonus you may need to make purchases, meet minimum spending requirements, or complete special actions. Terms and conditions apply.