CIBC Aventura Visa Card
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Card Type
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- 1 point for every dollar spent on gas, groceries and at the drugstore up to $6,000 spent annually.
- 1 point on travel purchases through CIBC Rewards Centre.
- 1 point for every $2 spent elsewhere.
- Access CIBC Travel Concierge Service.
- Any airline, every flight, every seat - with points that don’t expire.
- Flexible points that you can even use to pay down your credit card balance.
- Many premium features all with no annual fee and low minimum income required.
- Earn up to 2,500 bonus Aventura points after you’re approved and take 5 simple actions.
- Smart long haul and short haul redemption options that use fewer points for less costly flights, including good short haul options into the USA.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
The CIBC Aventura Visa card is the top travel credit card in Canada that has no annual fee and a low minimum income requirement of only $15,000. But just because there is no annual fee, that doesn't mean it has no benefits.
In fact, this card allows you to earn 1 point for every dollar spent on gas, groceries, travel through CIBC Rewards Centre, and at the drugstore. As well as 1 point for every $2 spent everywhere else. With points that are worth more than double the usual 1 cent value when redeemed for high value flights, that's actually very impressive for a no fee card.
A person with typical spending patterns can expect to achieve a 1.5% return on spending. But, if you spend a lot on gas, grocery, drugstore, and CIBC travel purchases, that number can rise to as high as 2.3%.
Plus, the CIBC Aventura Visa will give you 500 bonus points for doing each of the following within the first 60 days of having your account:
- Share your email address with CIBC
- Sign up for eStatements for your new Aventura Visa card
- Add an authorized user on your new Aventura Visa card
- Hold any eligible CIBC Chequing Account
- Register your Aventura Visa card with Apple Pay® or Samsung Pay
The first 3 items on that list are very easy to achieve and won't cost you anything. If you aren't already a CIBC client, getting an extra chequing account probably won't be worth the effort though. You're probably much more likely to have a smartphone to help you get that final 500 points, but setting up payments on your phone isn't something everyone will be comfortable with.
Either way, that's still a pretty easy 1,500 to 2,500 bonus points that never expire. Depending on how you choose to redeem them, that could easily be worth $50 or more, especially when you redeem for flights.
Speaking of redeeming points, you can use them to book a flight on any airline at any time through CIBC Rewards. You can also use your points as a statement credit, to purchase merchandise and gift cards, or to invest and save for the future through one of CIBC's many investment products (although keep in mind you will get the most value out of your points if you use them for flights).
As if that wasn't enough, It's very rare to find a no fee credit card that gives you concierge service, but the CIBC Aventura Visa does exactly that. Plus, this card also comes with 4 types of purchase and travel insurance.
If you're looking for more insurance, more rewards, more benefits and an annual fee doesn't scare you away, maybe you should have a look at the
A few other cards that might interest you.