BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- The absolute best AIR MILES credit card in Canada, by far.
- Earn 1 Mile for every $10 spent on ALL credit card purchases.
- Get 1,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles after your first credit card purchase, and 2,000 more after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months. That’s enough for a medium-haul flight.
- A companion flight rebate in your first year. Book a trip for two people, and get back the AIR MILES for one of the tickets (we've estimated the value of a 3,000 mile rebate as part of the welcome bonus).
- Receive an exclusive 15% discount on AIR MILES flights within North America.
- Enjoy exclusive VIP access to airport lounges worldwide with Mastercard Airport Experiences Provided by LoungeKey, plus two complimentary passes annually.
- Travel with confidence with BMO’s extensive travel warranty which includes 12 types of travel insurance including 15 days of emergency medical, lost, stolen, or delayed baggage, and rental car theft, damage and accident.
- Know that your card purchases are covered by BMO’s extended warranty and purchase protection.
- 24/7 access to experienced concierge staff.
- First year free.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical Term||15 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$750|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
|Rental Car Accident||$200,000|
|Rental Car Personal Effects||$1,000|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
BMO is not responsible for maintaining the content on this site. Please click on the Apply now link for the most up to date information.
The BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard has the best AIR MILES earn rate of any card out there right now, making it by far the best AIR MILES credit card on the market.
Right off the bat, it rewards you with 3,000 welcome bonus miles, which is enough for 1 medium haul flight, just for making your first purchase.
Plus, BMO is waiving the annual fee for the first year, letting you try out the card to see if it works for you.
AIR MILES Flight Calculator
Where could your 3K miles take you?
This ‘Where can I fly’ feature by AIR MILES lets you see exactly where your 3,000 welcome MILES can fly you.
For example, with 3,000 MILES you can go from:
- Toronto to Orlando, or
- Calgary to Las Vegas.
BMO AIR MILES Mastercard Rewards
With every purchase you make, you’ll earn 1 mile for every $10 spent when most other cards offer either 1 mile per $20 spent or 1 mile per $15 spent. This is the only card that offers a rate this good on every single purchase.
Not only do you earn AIR MILES with every purchase, but this card will give you a 15% discount on AIR MILES flights within North America. If you're planning a big trip using AIR MILES, then the 15% discount alone can make applying for this card worthwhile.
Lastly, as part of the sign up bonus, you’ll get access to a one time companion flight rebate. In the first 12 months you own the card, book a flight for two using your own miles, and afterwards get rebated the AIR MILES you used for one person. There’s no limit to the amount of AIR MILES that can be rebated.
We're estimating that a typical person will book 2 flights valued at 3,000 AIR MILES each (6,000 miles total) when they take advantage of this companion flight rebate. As such, we've added the estimated dollar value of the 3,000 AIR MILES companion flight rebate to the sign up bonus value for this card.
That works out to an added bonus of about $594 on top of the $594 you're already getting with the standard 3,000 mile sign up bonus for a combined sign up bonus value of $1,188.
Keep in mind, you can actually redeem as many AIR MILES as you want with this companion flight rebate. If you have 40,000 miles in the bank, you can redeem for 2 flights anywhere in the world and get 20,000 miles credited back to you.
If you were to fly to Auckland, New Zealand from Atlantic Canada in mid-December, for example, that would increase your $594 bonus value to around $3,500 or more.
Honestly, this is probably the best sign up bonus we've seen on a credit card, ever!
World Elite Mastercard Perks
The BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard also offers perks, like:
- Mastercard Airport Experiences Provided by LoungeKey,
- 2 complimentary lounge passes, and
- 24/7 Concierge.
Keep in mind, there is a $120 annual fee attached to this card, but that’s reasonable for the combination of rewards and perks this card offers.
BMO Travel Insurance
If all that isn’t enough, then this card gives you the best insurance package of any AIR MILES credit card out there.
If insurance is a priority of yours, this card comes with 14 out of 16 possible types of insurance including: Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption, 15 days of Emergency Medical, Personal Effects insurance...and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
When this card isn’t for you
Can’t stomach the $120 annual fee?
The minimum income requirement is too high?
Check out the BMO AIR MILES World Mastercard for a slightly lower annual fee.
Or, if you want a $0 annual fee, then there’s the
What are your thoughts?
Other cards you might like
People interested in this card were also interested in...
◊ The creditcardGenius algorithm calculates an estimated dollar value for all rewards and bonuses by using a typical point value a person can realistically achieve by redeeming their rewards in a reasonably optimized way. The "Welcome Bonus" is the dollar value obtained by combining of all one-time bonuses available to new cardholders within the first year. To qualify for the full bonus you may need to make purchases, meet minimum spending requirements, or complete special actions. Terms and conditions apply.