Best Western Mastercard
- Earn 1 Best Western Rewards point for every $1 in eligible purchases.
- Earn 5 Best Western Rewards points for every $1 in eligible purchases at Best Western.
- Earn 20,000 Best Western Rewards points after your first purchase - enough for a free night stay.
- There is no limit or cap to the amount of points you can earn.
- Use your points in many ways - hotel stays, dining, gift cards and more.
- Be awarded “Gold status” after your first purchase, and “Diamond status” when you spend $10,000 or more a year.
- Enjoy all the benefits of MBNA’s Platinum Plus cards, including 7 insurances that let you shop and travel worry-free.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage|
|Rental Car Accident||$200,000|
|Rental Car Personal Effects||$1,000|
A $100+ sign up bonus and 7 types of insurance coverage...from a no fee credit card? Say hello to the Best Western Mastercard from MBNA.
With this card you are given 20,000 Best Western Points after your first purchase which are worth $112 in Best Western gift cards - should be enough for a free night in a hotel!
If you want even more value, you can also use those 20,000 points for up to 2 free nights at select Best Western properties. The lowest free night rate is 8,000 points at their category 1 hotels - but those are pretty scarce. If you use all 20,000 points in one shot, you can stay at one of their better properties for one night.
Here are all the hotel reward categories they offer:
- Category 1: 8,000 points
- Category 2: 12,000 points
- Category 3: 16,000 points
- Category 4: 20,000 points
- Category 5: 24,000 points
- Category 6: 28,000 points
- Category 7: 32,000 points
- Category 8: 36,000 points
And there are 7 insurance coverages included at no extra cost, so you're covered when you shop, when you travel, and when you rent a car. Check out the full list in the tab above.
Best Western Reward points are flexible and can be used for merchandise or different types of gift cards: retail, hotel, restaurants, and travel.
These points can even be transferred to Aeroplan or AIR MILES. The downside here is that you lose a lot of the value this way, so it's best to do a little research so that you know you are getting the best value out of your points.
Tip: To save you some time, free hotel nights usually give the best value.
The amount of rewards you can earn has no limit or cap. No complicated tiers either. Just use your card wherever you shop and earn 1 point for every dollar spent. For an even better deal, you can use your card on Best Western purchases you will get 5x.
If you're looking for a great starter no fee travel card, you've found it!