Alaska Airlines Platinum Plus Mastercard
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on every purchase.
- Earn 3 miles per $1 spent on Alaska Airlines purchases and Virgin America.
- 25,000 mile welcome bonus, valued up to $625 when redeemed for flights.
- Get Alaska’s high-value Companion Fare after your first eligible purchase.
- Get that same Companion Fare every year on your card’s anniversary.
- Earn and Redeem Miles for flights to over 900 destinations worldwide.
- 7 different types of travel and purchase insurance are included.
- The $75 annual fee and $35,000 minimum income are much less than comparable cards that have fewer benefits.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage|
|Rental Car Accident||$200,000|
|Rental Car Personal Effects||$1,000|
The MBNA Alaska Airlines Mastercards are great airline miles travel rewards credit cards because they offer:
- A comparatively low annual fee,
- A huge sign up bonus,
- Cheap companion tickets, and
- Multiple partners to redeem with.
Why is that last point important? It's because Alaska Airlines only flies to a select few Canadian cities. However, they have an extensive partner list that includes American Airlines, Delta, British Airways, and Cathay Pacific.
You should be fly you anywhere you would want to go - if you live in any major Canadian city. This card, however, is only for people who like to fly internationally. The reason? Foreign airlines cannot take off and land in Canada on the same flight, so these miles cannot be used for domestic flights.
Not only does the MBNA Alaska Airlines Platinum Plus Mastercard allows cardholders to earn 1 Mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases and 3 Miles for every dollar spent with Alaska Airlines...
You also get 25,000 welcome Miles after your first purchase - worth up to $625 or more. 25,000 miles will get you an economy flight anywhere in Canada & Continental USA and it's pretty easy to find a flight with a base fare of at least $625, especially when flying coast to coast.
Then, there's the annual companion fare certificate that can save you hundreds more each year. If you buy one economy flight at the regular price, you can get a second flight with a much reduced cost for a traveling companion starting at $99 + $22 in taxes.
Cardholders will get all of this for an annual fee of $75 while most comparable cards are at least $120 yearly. They don't usually come with a companion voucher either.
Plus, the Platinum Plus card has the MBNA Platinum Plus insurance package which includes 7 different types of insurance (check out the Insurance Coverage tab above to find out more).
MBNA also has a
The good news is that the World Elite card has only a few extra benefits that are unrelated to the rewards or companion flight certificates.