Home Trust Secured Visa Card
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Card Type
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Virtually everyone is approved, even if you have declared bankruptcy or are in a consumer proposal - all that is required is a security deposit.
- Credit limit will be equal to the security deposit amount.
- Minimum deposit required is $500 up to $10,000 and it is returned to you when you close out your account and pay off your balance.
- Home Trust will report to Equifax and TransUnion every month, helping you build your credit.
- Purchases are covered by 90 days of purchase protection.
- Pay an optional annual fee of $59 and get a reduced interest rate.
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
If you are just starting out or trying to start over, secured credit cards can be extremely useful in helping to rebuild your credit.
Secured credit cards are unique. Because they are taking a chance on people who either have no credit or poor credit, they require their cardholders to put down a security deposit or "security funds". Often, but not always, these funds will match the amount of credit you are given, and will be given back to you when you close your account - assuming your account is paid in full and in good standing, of course.
The Home Trust Secured Visa is one of the few secured cards on the Canadian credit card market that can help you rebuild your credit.
Approving virtually everyone (even if you had to declare bankruptcy or have zero credit history), the Home Trust Secured Visa will give you a credit limit that matches your deposit, up to $10,000. As you use the card (and remember to pay your balance off in full every month), Home Trust will report monthly to Equifax and TransUnion, helping you to build or rebuild your credit.
Not only does this card give you the security of having a Visa, but it also gives you added security by covering all of your purchases with 90 days of Purchase Protection.
If a secured visa is what you need to help rebuild your credit, but you would feel more comfortable with a card that has a lower interest rate, you can pay an annual fee for a
What are your thoughts?
◊ The creditcardGenius algorithm calculates an estimated dollar value for all rewards and bonuses by using a typical point value a person can realistically achieve by redeeming their rewards in a reasonably optimized way. The "Welcome Bonus" is the dollar value obtained by combining of all one-time bonuses available to new cardholders within the first year. To qualify for the full bonus you may need to make purchases, meet minimum spending requirements, or complete special actions. Terms and conditions apply.