BMO U.S. Dollar Mastercard
- Shop in U.S. Dollars and avoid foreign currency fees by paying with your existing USD.
- Spend $1,000 USD yearly and have your annual fee rebated.
- Shop with confidence, knowing purchases made with this card are covered by purchase protection and extended warranty.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
Do you make a lot of purchases in U.S. currency?
Whether online or while shopping in the USA, did you know that each time you make a purchase with your Canadian credit card you are charged not only a high foreign transaction fee (usually 2.5%) but also an extra little spread that the bank itself has to pay?
That's right! Altogether, you are approximately paying an extra 3% for any purchases you make in U.S. Dollars.
A U.S. Dollar credit card is a nice way to cut back on those fees.
Unlike credit cards that waive the foreign transaction fee, U.S. Dollar credit cards are IN US currency, eliminating the need to pay for converting your currency with each and every purchase.
When do U.S. Dollar credit cards make the most sense?
- If you earn or have existing United States currency that you can use to pay off your credit card bill.<
- If you make many trips to the United States for work, to escape the snow, or for scooping up deals across the border.<
- If you frequently make purchases online from American Retailers.<
The BMO U.S. Dollar Mastercard not only includes purchase protection, but also gives cardholders extended warranty for the purchases they make with the card, which is a nice added feature.
The best part? If the $35 annual fee isn't appealing to you, as long as you spend at least $1,000 on your card yearly, it will be refunded to you...saving you even more money.