Get a $100 Amazon.ca e-Gift Card on Approval
Scotiabank Gold American Express - Gift Card Offer
If you created a new account, the next step is to confirm your email. Go to your inbox and click the confirmation link we sent you.
Claim Your Gift Card
Tell us about yourself so we know where to send your gift card.
You're all set, now claim your offer.
What people are saying
15 reasons why we love this card
- Earn 4x the Scotia Rewards on gas, grocery, entertainment, and dining1.
- 15,000 bonus points, worth $150 in travel, when you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months2.
- Enjoy the most bonus spending categories of any Canadian credit card3.
- Experience fully flexible Scotia Rewards that are easy to understand and redeem4.
- Redeem your Scotia Rewards for ANY travel purchase from ANY travel provider, no travel restrictions4,5.
- Travel without worry thanks to 7 types of travel insurance coverage included6.
- Benefit from rare trip cancellation and trip interruption coverage with high $2,500 caps6.
- Travel longer with extended emergency medical coverage on trips up to 25 days6.
- Even seniors over 65 qualify for emergency medical coverage on trips up to 10 days6.
- Save money with built in price protection – spot a lower price within 60 days and get a refund for the difference6.
- Your purchases are protected automatically against loss, theft, and damage for 90 days6.
- Your purchases get an extended warranty that doubles the manufacturer's warranty up to 1 extra year6.
- Get the higher rewards potential of an Amex combined with in-person access to Scotiabank branches3.
- Take advantage of the Scotia Rewards Travel Service, a full service travel agency offered through the card, if you need help booking your travel5.
- Low $99 annual fee, 19.99% on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances. Most premium travel cards have annual fees of between $120 and $1507.
* In order to receive your $100 Amazon.ca e-Gift card, you must apply and be approved for the Scotiabank Gold American Express credit card exclusively through creditcardGenius. Gift card provided by creditcardGenius, not Scotiabank. Only one gift card per person and email address.
† Cash advances include balance transfers, Scotia® Credit Card Cheques and cash-like transactions.
1 Conditions apply. All rewards earnings are subject to the terms and conditions of the Scotia Rewards program. All bonus offers are subject to change. Visit the Scotiabank Gold American Express card site for full details about the Card. Remember to carefully review the Application Disclosure Statement on this page for full details about rates and fees that apply to the Card before you apply.
2 To be eligible for the 15,000 bonus points offer (this “Offer”), you must have at least $1000 in net purchases (purchases less returns or similar credits) posted to your Scotiabank credit card account (“Account”) in the first 3 months from the Account open date. The bonus points will appear as an adjustment on your Account statement within 2 statement cycles after the third billing cycle has passed provided the Account is open and in good standing. Offer applies to a new Account only opened by March 31, 2019 (the “Offer End Date”). Former or current Scotiabank credit cardholders that transfer from an existing Scotiabank credit card account or re-open a closed Scotiabank credit card account are excluded from this Offer. Offer may be changed or extended and cannot be combined with any other offer.
3 You will earn 4 points per $1 on the first $50,000 in purchases made annually at American Express merchants classified in the American Express network as: Gas Service Stations and Automated Fuel Dispensers; Grocery Stores and Supermarkets; Eating Places and Restaurants, Drinking Places, Fast Food Restaurants; and Entertainment including Motion Picture Theaters, Theatrical Producers, Ticket Agencies, Bands, Orchestras and Miscellaneous Entertainers. Some merchants may sell these products/services or are separate merchants who are located on the premises of these merchants, but are classified by American Express in another manner, in which case this added benefit would not apply. You will earn 1 point per $1 on purchases made after you have reached the 4 points per $1 $50,000 annual spend maximum and on all other purchases made with the Card. Points are not awarded for cash advances, Scotia Credit Card Cheques, Scotia Rewards Dollars, returns, payments, casinos and gambling, annual membership or card fees, interest charges or service transaction charges. Scotia Rewards points must be redeemed within 60 days of account closure or they will be deleted permanently. If your account is not in good standing, the accumulated Scotia Rewards points are not eligible for redemption.
4 You can purchase eligible travel or related travel expenses at a travel provider other than the Scotia Rewards Travel Service (e.g., other travel agencies, tour operators and online travel websites) (the “Other Travel Suppliers”). These types of purchases at Other Travel Suppliers are called “Post Purchase Travel Redemptions”.Scotia Rewards points are redeemable for Post Purchase Travel Redemptions made through your Program Card. To redeem Scotia Rewards points for a Post Purchase Travel Redemption at Other Travel Suppliers, the purchase must first appear (post) on the Program Card Account. Scotia Rewards Cardmembers can then redeem points towards the amount of the Post Purchase Travel Redemption charged to the Program Account through scotiarewards.com or by calling 1-800-665-2582.The Post Purchase Travel Redemption must be charged on your Program Card Account and recognized by our systems with the Merchant Category Codes or identifiers: airlines & air carriers – 4511; airports, flying fields, and airport terminals – 4582; lodgings, hotels, motels and resorts – 7011; trailer parks and campgrounds – 7033; passenger railways – 4112; bus lines – 4131; steamship and cruise lines – 4411; travel agencies and tour operators – 4722; automobile rental agency – 7512; motor home and recreational vehicle rentals – 7519. These Merchant codes/identifiers and categories are subject to change. The Post Purchase Travel Redemption can include related taxes, booking fees, airport fees and travel insurance premiums. You must redeem Scotia Rewards points within 12 months from the date when the Post Purchase Travel Redemption is posted to the Program Card Account (the posting date). It may take up to two statement periods for the points redeemed towards a Post Purchase Travel Redemption to appear as a credit on your Program Card Account. Points redeemed cannot be reversed once posted to the Account. To redeem Scotia Rewards Points towards your Post Purchase Travel Redemption, the Program Card Account must be open and in good standing.The value of the points redeemed cannot exceed the amount of the Post Purchase Travel Redemption charged to your Program Card Account. The minimum point redemption is 5,000 points (5,000 points is equivalent to $50 in travel savings) each time a redemption towards a Post Purchase Travel Redemption is made.
5 Scotia Rewards Travel Service and Travel Booking Site provided by a duly licensed 3rd party travel agent HRG (Hogg Robinson Group).
6 Insurance coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC) and/or American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida (ABLAC). Travel Emergency Medical Insurance is underwritten by ABLAC, except for travel in Cuba which is underwritten by Zurich Insurance Company Ltd. Price Protection Service is a service provided by ABIC. The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the respective insurers. Details of the coverage, including definitions, benefits, limitations, and exclusions are in the Certificate of Insurance provided with the card. Read the Certificate of Insurance then keep it in a safe place with your other valuable documents, and take it with you when you travel.
7 For current rates and information on fees and interest cost, call 1-888-882-8958. Interest rates, annual fees and features are subject to change without notice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read our answers to common questions we've received so far.
Got a question you don't see here? Send us a note at [email protected]
I’ve just been approved for the Scotiabank Gold American Express card. When will I get the Amazon e-Gift card?
As per the Terms and Conditions, please allow up to 12 weeks for us to process your gift card after approval confirmation.
I didn't realize that my Amazon gift card could take up to 12 weeks to arrive – is there a way that you can put a rush on my e-Gift card?
We'll do our best to send your gift card as soon as we have confirmation of your approval, although this process could take up to 12 weeks. Thank you for your patience.
Will I be getting my Amazon e-Gift card through the mail, or online?
A notice about Amazon e-gift cards will be emailed to approved participants at the email address provided. You should have received a confirmation email right after you claimed your gift card from this offers page. Please make sure you confirm your email so we know we have the correct email address. To resend your confirmation email, login here and use the "click here" link, see below:
If you don't see our email in your inbox, check your spam folder.
I just want to make sure that I followed the correct steps to receive the Amazon e-Gift card. Can you confirm that I will be getting my card?
If you have followed these 4 steps, and you’re approved for the Scotiabank Gold American Express card, your gift card will be on the way.
- Create your creditcardGenius account: click the "I Want This Deal" button, enter your full name, email address, and password to create your secure creditcardGenius account.
- Apply online: click our Apply button to continue to Scotiabank's secure website to complete your credit card application. If you were already logged in, you will have been taken to the application immediately without having to click an Apply button.
- Verify your email address: after your credit card application is complete, go to your email inbox and click the confirmation link we will send you to confirm your email address and activate your creditcardGenius account. Make sure to check your SPAM folder (our email subject is "Your creditcardGenius Gift Card Offer").
- Get your gift card: if your Scotiabank Gold American Express application is completed and approved, creditcardGenius will email you a notice about your Amazon.ca e-Gift card within 12 weeks of receiving your new credit card.
I was approved for the Scotiabank Gold American Express card, but I used a different link than the one from this offers page to apply for the card by accident. Will I still be getting my Amazon e-Gift card?
Unfortunately, no. The only way you can qualify for the gift card is by using the link provided on this offers page.
◊ The creditcardGenius algorithm calculates an estimated dollar value for all rewards and bonuses by using a typical point value a person can realistically achieve by redeeming their rewards in a reasonably optimized way. The "Welcome Bonus" is the dollar value obtained by combining of all one-time bonuses available to new cardholders within the first year. To qualify for the full bonus you may need to make purchases, meet minimum spending requirements, or complete special actions. Terms and conditions apply.
* Conditions apply.