Exclusive benefits and big rewards for shoppers at Canadian Tire's family of stores.
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Card Type
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Personal Income
- Household Income
Other cards you might like
People interested in this card were also interested in...
Gone are the days of piles of Canadian Tire money scattered all over our houses.
Now Canadian Tire Money is all digital – but if you do a lot of shopping at Canadian Tire, those Canadian Tire dollars are still as valuable as ever. And a Mastercard from Canadian Tire could definitely be valuable as well.
With the Canadian Tire Triangle Mastercard, you'll earn:
- 4% in Canadian Tire cash at Canadian Tire, Sport Check, Mark’s Work Warehouse, and Atmosphere,
- 5 cents per litre on all grade fuels at Canadian Gas+ and Husky stations, and
- 0.8% Canadian Tire dollars on all other purchases.
That 4% return at Canadian Tire stores, but it's a little misleading for 2 reasons:
- this amount is only earned on the pre-tax amount (other credit card rewards are calculated on the total transaction amount), and
- this includes what you would normally be earning as a regular Triangle member.
To compare it to other credit cards, the actual return is really 3.19%, if you take an average sales tax in Canada at 13%. It's still really good, but not quite what they're advertising.
One other great feature about this card is that you can get 12 months, no interest financing on purchases over $200 at Canadian Tire stores.
This card has no annual fee, but also doesn’t include any insurance, so that is definitely something to keep in mind.
For frequent Canadian Tire shoppers, there's good value when shopping at Triangle Reward stores.
But only earning 0.8% on all other purchases? That can be improved. Here are a couple of no fee, cash back cards you can use that pair really well with this card.
One of them is the
Another one is the
You can also find other top no fee cards here.