TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card
- 25,000 mile sign up bonus (worth around $625).
- 1.25 Aeroplan miles earned per dollar spent.
- 1.5 Aeroplan miles per dollar spent on gas, grocery, and drugstore purchases.
- Good travel insurance that also works on flights booked with Aeroplan miles.
- Priority boarding and check-in on all Air Canada flights
- 1 free checked back on all Air Canada flights.
- 4 free yearly pass to the Maple Leaf Lounge + 6 Priority Pass lounge passes.
- Bypass the security line at some major Canadian airports.
- Plenty more Visa Infinite Privilege exclusive perks.
|Extended Warranty||2 years|
|Purchase Protection||120 days|
|Emergency Medical||22 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$2,500|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage|
Warning: The Aeroplan program will be undergoing major changes in 2020 which could impact reward value. Full details here.
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card has some great features if you have the $200,000 household income it requires to qualify for it.
It shares a lot of features with its little brother, the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite in terms of the rewards you get on purchases. The big difference is you get 1.25 Aeroplan miles per dollar spent on everyday purchases instead of the usual 1. Grocery, gas, drugstore, and Air Canada buys stay the same at 1.5 miles per dollar spent. Your return on spending for all of that will be roughly 4%.
The big advantage of this card though is in the extra perks it has.
Increased insurance coverage is one. You get 31 days travel medical vs. 15, $2,500 trip cancellation vs. $1,000, $5,000 trip interruption vs. $2,000, and more.
Priority check-in, priority boarding, and complimentary first checked bag on ALL Air Canada flights (not just reward flights) is another great improvement.
Next, you get a lot more airport lounge access than with normal Infinite cards. We’re talking 4 one-time Maple Leaf Lounge passes plus free membership in the Priority Pass. With Priority Pass, you get 6 free passes to their more than 500 lounges worldwide.
Then there’s a plethora of other travel related perks to choose from. They include a 50% business class ticket companion discount, increased status in Fairmont Hotel’s President Club, and a variety of hotel benefits through the Visa Luxury Hotel Collection
To put the cherry on top, there’s a signup bonus of 25,000 Aeroplan miles that can go as high as 55,000 miles during occasional promotions. 25,000 Aeroplan miles can be redeemed for a free economy flight anywhere in Canada or the USA, that’s worth roughly $625.
A few other cards that might interest you.