TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card
- 15,000 mile sign up bonus (worth around $375).
- 1 Aeroplan mile earned per dollar spent.
- 1.5 Aeroplan miles per dollar spent on gas, grocery, and drugstore purchases.
- Priority boarding and check-in on Aeroplan reward flights flown on Air Canada.
- Good travel insurance that also works on flights booked with Aeroplan miles.
- 1 free checked back on Aeroplan reward flights.
- 1 free yearly pass to the Maple Leaf Lounge.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical||21 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$1,000|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage|
Warning: The Aeroplan program will be undergoing major changes in 2020 which could impact reward value. Full details here.
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card is the top Aeroplan branded credit card for people who want a card with a reasonable annual fee in the $120 range. It gives you a lot of Air Canada specific perks and helps you accumulate miles at an advanced rate.
The 1 Aeroplan mile per dollar spent earning rate is to be expected, but the 1.5 mile bonus on gas, grocery, drugstore, and Air Canada purchases is a nice extra.
You’ll get priority check-in, priority boarding, and one complimentary checked bag on Aeroplan reward flights flown through Air Canada only. You’ll also get 1 free pass annually to the Maple Leaf Lounge, and your insurance coverage will still apply when flying on an Aeroplan reward ticket. Most cards require you to charge the full value of your airfare to have insurance coverage, making it a rare benefit.
One of the great strengths of this card is also the sign up bonus that comes with it. It has a standard bonus of 15,000 miles. But, during some promotions, you can sometimes get up to 30,000 miles + a 50% discount on the annual fee in the first year. 30K Aeroplan miles is worth about $900, making applying just to get the bonus more than worth it.
In addition, it has a strong set of included insurance benefits, concierge service, and other great Visa Infinite perks to choose from.
A few other cards that might interest you.