ScotiaGold Passport Visa Card
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent.
- Earn a market leading 5% cash back when you book through Scotia Rewards Travel Service.
- Get 5,000 bonus points after you make your first purchase within 2 months of account opening (worth $50).
- Access to a full-service travel agent, the best price guarantee on airfare and other special offers and discounts.
- Flexible rewards that can be redeemed for flights, pre-packaged tours, cruises, merchandise and more.
- Save up to 20% on car rentals at AVIS locations worldwide.
- Comprehensive travel and purchase insurance that covers your purchases, your trips and your rental car.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical Term||31 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$1,250|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
Any card that offers a market leading 5% cash back on travel purchases is a card that is worth a closer look - and the ScotiaGold Passport Visa does just that.
For a $110 annual fee this card will start you off with 5,000 welcome points and gives you access to services making it easier to travel, like:
- Scotia Rewards Travel Service, a full-service travel agent to help you book your travel,
- a best price guarantee on airfare and other special offers and discounts, plus...
- with any purchase you make through this service, you will see that 5% return on your rewards.
You can book and redeem for travel anywhere, anytime - no restrictions.
The rewards you earn are flexible and can be used for a number of things, like:
- pre-packaged tours,
- gift cards,
- merchandise, and
- much more.
The best part is you get to choose if you want to book through Scotia Rewards Travel Service, or you can simply use any travel agent or booking service to book your travel and then login to Scotiabank website to instantly pay for those purchases with your points at the same rate.
There's also an extensive insurance package that includes:
- 31 days of emergency medical,
- trip interruption,
- trip cancellation...and more
A total of 10 types of insurance, check out the tab above for a complete list.
Where this card struggles is on regular non-travel spending. You're going to earn roughly a 1% return on your spending on those purchases, which quite low for a premium card with a $110 annual fee.
For big spenders on travel though, there's no better card out there.
What are your thoughts?
◊ The creditcardGenius algorithm calculates an estimated dollar value for all rewards and bonuses by using a typical point value a person can realistically achieve by redeeming their rewards in a reasonably optimized way. The "Welcome Bonus" is the dollar value obtained by combining of all one-time bonuses available to new cardholders within the first year. To qualify for the full bonus you may need to make purchases, meet minimum spending requirements, or complete special actions. Terms and conditions apply.