Scotiabank American Express® Platinum Card
Earn an unmatched 4 times the rewards on gas, groceries, dining, and entertainment with this Platinum card, bringing you even closer to your travel dreams.
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Card Type
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Personal Income
- Household Income
|Extended Warranty||2 years|
|Purchase Protection||120 days|
|Emergency Medical Term||31 days|
|Emergency Medical over 65||10 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$1,000|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
Annual fees usually justify themselves by opening up a world of possibilities when it comes to benefits, perks and rewards, and if you are on the higher end of the spending scale, sometimes it makes sense to go for a card that has an annual fee.
The Scotiabank Platinum American Express has one of the highest earn rates of any travel rewards card out there. Allowing you to earn 1 point everywhere you shop, and then an unmatched 4 times the amount of points on gas, groceries, restaurants and entertainment purchases. Plus, you are given 30,000 bonus welcome points - a great way to start off your rewards.
These flexible rewards can be used on a number of things, including:
- Travel - to anywhere, anytime, with no restrictions
- merchandise, and…
- gift cards
Thanks to the $399 annual fee that comes with this card, the Scotiabank Platinum Amex comes with so many great travel benefits to help make travel easier. Cardholders are given access to:
- Scotia Rewards Travel Service - a full service travel agency.
- Scotia Rewards Travel Advantage - includes a best price guarantee.
- American Express Invites - which gives you Front of the Line ticket reserving to the hottest events around.
- Priority Pass lounges - 14 free visits yearly.
- Complimentary membership to Hertz #1 Club Gold - giving you speedier service and less paperwork.
- 24/7 Concierge Service - to give you help when you travel, make reservations, or even shop.
This travel card from Scotiabank gives its cardholders 12 different types of travel and purchase insurance - including some of the best travel medical, best purchase protection and longest extended warranty out there. To find out more information about the insurance, check out the Insurance Coverage tab above.
Something to keep in mind - This card is an American Express card, so it isn’t accepted everywhere. If you are considering getting this card, you might want to also consider getting a Visa or Mastercard to use at locations where Amex isn’t accepted.