Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite
- For a limited time, earn 5% cash back on all your purchases for the first 3 months (up to $3,000 spent).
- 4% cash back on gas and groceries - highest of any card.
- 2% cash back on drugsture purchases and recurring bills.
- Good insurance coverage for a cash back card including travel medical.
- Concierge service and other Visa Infinite perks.
- Low annual fee which is waived for the first year.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical||15 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$500|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage|
If you drive a taxi or have a large troop at home to feed, then the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite is, without a doubt, the one card you need in your wallet. The 4% cash earned on gas and grocery spending is unmatched by any competitor.
For example, if you were to spend $2,000 per month on just gas and groceries, that’s $960 in cash right there. With other cards you’d only get $480 on that same spending. The downside is that on most other purchases you’ll only be earning 1%.
The truth is that the flat 2% and lower annual fees of other top cards will often net you more cash annually. If you’re not sure for your situation, use our cash back comparison tool to enter your own spending patterns and see which card pays you the most.
The other thing to keep in mind with this card is that you only get paid once a year as a statement credit. That can be a good thing for some people because it is like a forced savings plan that you can use for a bigger purchase once a year. For other, it may be an inconvenience.
You’ll also want to watch out for the extra $30 fee Scotiabank charges to get secondary cards. It would be nice if they threw at least one extra card in for free.
On the plus side, it does offer complimentary concierge service along with Visa Infinite experiences so you can get VIP access to special events, concerts, and restaurant soirees.