Scotiabank Gold American Express Card
- Earn 4 Scotia Rewards points on every $1 you spend on gas, groceries, restaurants and entertainment - the highest of any flexible travel rewards card.
- Earn 1 Scotia Rewards point on every $1 spent elsewhere.
- Start your reward earnings off with a signup bonus of 25,000 points(a $250 value when redeemed for travel).
- Redeem for travel anywhere, anytime, with no travel restrictions.
- Access to Scotia Rewards Travel Service and a 24/7 Concierge to help with all your travel needs.
- Enjoy special offers through American Express Invites and Scotia Rewards Travel Advantage.
- Very extensive insurance coverage, including hotel burglary and trip cancellation to name a few.
- Have the annual fee waived for the first year.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical||25 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$1,000|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage|
True, Amex cards aren't accepted quite as often as the other two...but the Scotiabank American Express Gold card makes that quite easy to overlook.
Let's start with the fact that this card allows you to earn 4 reward points on every dollar spent in 4 spending categories, you get 4 points on:
- restaurants, and
...More than any other flexible rewards card. And If these are categories where you do most of your spending, your rewards will add up quickly.
Even better ... as long as you use your card for $750 worth of purchases in the first 3 months, you get a sign up bonus of 25,000 points -- that's worth $250.
You can use your Scotiabank Amex Gold rewards for booking any travel without restrictions. You can easily book your travel through Scotia Rewards Travel Service, plus get help every step of your travels with the included 24/7 Concierge service.
Or, you can book through whatever booking service or travel agent you want, charge it to your card, and then log into the Scotiabank website to pay off the purchase instantly with your points. At the same exact rate.
All this makes it easy to travel when you want, how you want.
What about included insurance benefits? You betcha...
There's 9 different types of travel insurance. And shop worry-free because your purchases are covered with:
- extended warranty,
- purchase protection, and
- price protection.
That's 12 types of insurance in total -- check out the tab above for the complete list.
Another perk is that you get discounts
- airport lounge access,
- car rentals,
- vacation packages,
- cruises, and
- American Express Invites.
Oh and the annual fee is waived for your first year. $99 yearly after that.
To be honest, for a fully flexible travel rewards credit card where you're not locked into flights to get the best value, this card is stacked. No other fully flexible card comes close.