Scotiabank Gold American Express® Card
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Earn 4 Scotia Rewards points on every $1 you spend on gas, groceries, restaurants and entertainment - the highest of any flexible travel rewards card.
- Earn 1 Scotia Rewards point on every $1 spent elsewhere.
- Start your reward earnings off with a signup bonus of 15,000 points ($150 value).
- Redeem for travel anywhere, anytime, with any provider plus no travel restrictions.
- Access to Scotia Rewards Travel Service and a 24/7 Concierge to help with all your travel needs.
- Enjoy special offers through American Express Invites and Scotia Rewards Travel Advantage.
- Very extensive insurance coverage, including hotel burglary and trip cancellation to name a few.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical Term||25 days|
|Emergency Medical over 65||10 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$1,000|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
True, Amex cards aren't accepted quite as often as the other two...but the Scotiabank American Express Gold card makes that quite easy to overlook.
Let's start with the fact that this card allows you to earn 4 reward points on every dollar spent in 4 spending categories, you get 4 points on:
- restaurants, and
...More than any other flexible rewards card. And If these are categories where you do most of your spending, your rewards will add up quickly.
Even better ... as long as you use your card for $750 worth of purchases in the first 3 months, you get a sign up bonus of 15,000 points -- that's worth $150.
You can use your Scotiabank Amex Gold rewards for booking any travel without restrictions. You can easily book your travel through Scotia Rewards Travel Service, plus get help every step of your travels with the included 24/7 Concierge service.
Or, you can book through whatever booking service or travel agent you want, charge it to your card, and then log into the Scotiabank website to pay off the purchase instantly with your points. At the same exact rate.
All this makes it easy to travel when you want, how you want.
What about included insurance benefits? You betcha...
There's 9 different types of travel insurance. And shop worry-free because your purchases are covered with:
- extended warranty,
- purchase protection, and
- price protection.
That's 12 types of insurance in total -- check out the tab above for the complete list.
Another perk is that you get discounts
- airport lounge access,
- car rentals,
- vacation packages,
- cruises, and
- American Express Invites.
To be honest, for a fully flexible travel rewards credit card where you're not locked into flights to get the best value, this card is stacked. No other fully flexible card comes close.
What are your thoughts?
◊ The creditcardGenius algorithm calculates an estimated dollar value for all rewards and bonuses by using a typical point value a person can realistically achieve by redeeming their rewards in a reasonably optimized way. The "Welcome Bonus" is the dollar value obtained by combining of all one-time bonuses available to new cardholders within the first year. To qualify for the full bonus you may need to make purchases, meet minimum spending requirements, or complete special actions. Terms and conditions apply.