Scotiabank American Express
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Earn 1 point on every $1 spent.
- Get started fast with a signup bonus of 5,000 points ($50 value).
- Flexible rewards that can be redeemed for travel, merchandise or gift cards.
- Use points for travel anywhere, anytime, any provider and no travel restrictions.
- Access to special offers, full service travel agency, and a best price guarantee on airfare.
- Access to American Express Invites.
- 7 types of insurance that allow you to shop and travel with confidence.
- No annual fee.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical||8 days|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
This card will earn you a solid 1% return on your spending in travel rewards with no annual fee and comes with a nice 5,000 point sign up bonus worth $50 so you can take off faster.
One great feature of the Scotiabank Amex is the full service travel agent that they bring to the table. You can book your travel through this agent and get special offers and a best price guarantee on airfare.
Combine that with the 7 types of insurance...and traveling just became easier, cheaper, and a lot less stressful.
The Scotiabank Amex has a low minimum income requirement of only $12,000, and comes with the usual Amex perks:
- American Express Invites, and
- Front Of The Line access
Of course, the one thing to keep in mind is that Amex cards are not as widely accepted as Visa and Mastercard.
All things considered, for a card with no annual fee, a low minimum income requirement, and great insurance for a no-fee card - this card is a real contender if you are just getting started with travel rewards.
What are your thoughts?
Other cards you might like
People interested in this card were also interested in...