Scotiabank American Express
Pairs well with...
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Card Type
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Earn 1 point on every $1 spent.
- Get started fast with a signup bonus of 5,000 points ($50 value).
- Flexible rewards that can be redeemed for travel, merchandise, gift cards, and more.
- Use points for travel anywhere, anytime, with any provider, and with no travel restrictions.
- Access to special offers, full service travel agency, and a best price guarantee on airfare.
- Access to American Express Invites.
- 7 types of insurance that allow you to shop and travel with confidence.
- No annual fee.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical Term||8 days|
|Emergency Medical over 65||3 days|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
This card will earn you a solid 1% return on your spending in travel rewards with no annual fee and comes with a nice 5,000 point sign up bonus worth $50 so you can take off faster.
One great feature of the Scotiabank Amex is the full service travel agent that they bring to the table. You can book your travel through this agent and get special offers and a best price guarantee on airfare.
Combine that with the 7 types of insurance...and traveling just became easier, cheaper, and a lot less stressful.
The Scotiabank Amex has a low minimum income requirement of only $12,000, and comes with the usual Amex perks:
- American Express Invites, and
- Front Of The Line access.
Of course, one thing to keep in mind is that Amex cards are not as widely accepted as Visa and Mastercard.
All things considered, for a card with no annual fee, a low minimum income requirement, and great insurance for a no-fee card - this card is a real contender if you are just getting started with travel rewards.
What are your thoughts?
◊ The creditcardGenius algorithm calculates an estimated dollar value for all rewards and bonuses by using a typical point value a person can realistically achieve by redeeming their rewards in a reasonably optimized way. The "Welcome Bonus" is the dollar value obtained by combining of all one-time bonuses available to new cardholders within the first year. To qualify for the full bonus you may need to make purchases, meet minimum spending requirements, or complete special actions. Terms and conditions apply.
* Conditions apply.