RBC British Airways Visa Infinite
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Earn 1 Avios point for every $1 spent.
- Earn 2 Avios points for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases.
- Receive 15,000 bonus points upon approval.
- Receive a second bonus of 25,000 bonus points when you spend $5,000 in your first 2 months.
- Enjoy 10,000 bonus points when you renew your card for a second year.
- Spend $30,000 annually and get a Companion Award eVoucher for a second passenger when booking a paid flight in either economy or business class.
- Reward points that can be used for flights and upgrades with British Airways and any oneworld partner airline.
- Access to Visa Infinite perks which include Concierge and offers on travel, food and entertainment.
- 9 different types of insurance that cover your purchases, your travel, rental cars and even your hotel.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical||31 days|
|Emergency Medical over 65||7 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$500|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
If you travel often with British Airways, look no further for the ultimate travel rewards card for you.
RBC has teamed up with British Airways and their oneworld alliance partner airlines to give you outstanding rewards, comprehensive insurance, and Visa Infinite privileges.
Some of these impressive perks include:
- concierge service,
- Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection,
- Visa Infinite Dining series,
- Visa Infinite Wine Country program,
- and more.
With this card, you will earn 1 Avios point for every dollar you spend, and 2x the Avios points on British Airways purchases.
Up to 50,000 bonus Avios points
This card is particularly remarkable for it’s sign-up bonus. You receive 15,000 bonus points upon approval, plus add 25,000 bonus points when you spend $5,000 your first 2 months. So, if there's a big purchase you've been putting off, now could be the time to take advantage of this awesome sign-up bonus.
Plus, when you renew your card for a second year, you get another 10,000 points on top of that.
Flight rewards and companion eVoucher
Your rewards can be redeemed on flights and upgrades with British Airways and any oneworld alliance partner airlines, like
- American Airlines,
- Cathay Pacific,
- Japan Airlines,
- and many others around the world.
Another awesome reward? When you spend $30,000 annually, you get a Companion Award eVoucher for a second passenger ‒ for either economy or business class. Now THAT is a bonus.
Please note: This voucher can only be used in conjunction with an Avios award ticket for a British Airways flight, and not a paid ticket. This voucher only covers the base air fare, you will also have to pay any applicable taxes, fee and carrier charges.
Complementary insurance package
To top it all off, with this card, you get 9 different types of insurance, such as:
- extended warranty,
- purchase protection,
- travel accident,
- emergency medical,
- baggage delay,
- flight delay,
- lost or stolen baggage,
- hotel burglary, and
- rental car theft or damage.
So, you know you’ll be covered for nearly anything that could happen throughout your travels.
Now, for the downsides…
One very obvious negative to this card is its inflexibility when it comes to point redemption ‒ British Airways and oneworld alliance airline partners flights only. So,if those airlines do not work for you, you might want to consider a different card.
Another downer is the fact that you can only use your Companion Award eVoucher in conjunction with an Avios award ticket for a British Airways flight, not a paid ticket. So, this means you need to earn your ticket with your Avios points in order to use the eVoucher.
A good alternative to this card would be the
What are your thoughts?
Other cards you might like
People interested in this card were also interested in...