National Bank World Mastercard
Pairs well with...
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Card Type
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Balance Transfer
- Transfer Term
- 6 months
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- 1.25 points for every $1 to $20,000 spent.
- 2 points for every $20,001 to $30,000 spent.
- 1.25 points per $30,001 and more in purchases.
- 1.25 bonus points on flight and vacation package bookings made through À la carte travel.
- Rewards that let you travel when and where you want, or redeem for financial services.
- 10 different types of insurance, including the best purchase protection and extended warranty available.
- Top tier emergency medical travel coverage that extends past age 65 until 74.
- 24/7 concierge service.
|Extended Warranty||2 years|
|Purchase Protection||180 days|
|Emergency Medical Term||60 days|
|Emergency Medical over 65||15 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$1,000|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
|Rental Car Personal Effects||$2,000|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
®ECHO, ALLURE, EDITION and À LA CARTE REWARDS PLAN, are registered trademarks of National Bank.
®ULTRAMAR is a registered trademark of Valero, used under licence.
® WORLD MASTERCARD and WORLD ELITE are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Inc. Authorized user: National Bank.
® Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
The National Bank World Mastercard is the little brother of the
The World version allows cardholders to earn:
- 1.25 points for every dollar spent under $20,000 annually,
- 2 points for every dollar spent between $20,001 and $30,000 annually,
- 1.25 points for every dollar spent over the $30,001 annually, and
- a bonus 1.25 points for every dollar spent on flights and vacation packages booked through À la carte travel.
Note: Because of how the above reward earn rates work, if you find yourself spending more than $30,000 annually, this card might not be the right fit for you. So, be sure to enter your monthly spending in the spending breakdown in the sidebar, so you can find out just how many rewards you could earn.
The rewards earned are À la carte points and can be used for a number of different things, including:
- gift cards, and even
On top of the valuable rewards this card will give you, you will also be covered by 10 different types of travel and purchase insurance.
In fact, not only will you get travel insurance that covers cardholders up to the age of 74, but you will also get superior purchase protection and extended warranty that is double the standard coverage – 180 days purchase protection and 2 years of extended warranty.
Like other World Mastercards, this National Bank card also comes with Concierge Service, which is a nice perk (especially if you put it to work for you).
Because this is a prestigious card, there is a minimum income requirement of $60,000 or a household income requirement of $100,000, as well as an annual fee of $115.
However, There is a
Curious to know more? Check out our full review of the National Bank Travel Mastercards.
What are your thoughts?
◊ The creditcardGenius algorithm calculates an estimated dollar value for all rewards and bonuses by using a typical point value a person can realistically achieve by redeeming their rewards in a reasonably optimized way. The "Welcome Bonus" is the dollar value obtained by combining of all one-time bonuses available to new cardholders within the first year. To qualify for the full bonus you may need to make purchases, meet minimum spending requirements, or complete special actions. Terms and conditions apply.
* Conditions apply.