CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Card
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent.
- Earn 1.5 points for every $1 spent on gas, groceries, and drugstore purchases.
- Earn 2 points for every $1 spent on trips purchased through the CIBC Rewards Centre.
- Get 20,000 Welcome Bonus points (worth up to $458).
- Flexible rewards you can use for travel, merchandise, gift cards, one-of-a-kind activities, or even help pay down your balance and purchase investments.
- Smart long haul and short haul flight redemption options that use fewer points when you want to book that less costly flight with points.
- Access to over 1,200 airport lounges with a Priority Pass Membership and four free annual passes
- Every fourth year, get the application fee rebated when you apply for a NEXUS card.
- 12 different types of purchase and travel insurance included.
- Discounts at Avis and Budget car rental locations.
- Access to Visa Infinite Exclusive Offers.
- Your first year annual fee is waived.
- 24/7 Concierge Service.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical Term||15 days|
|Emergency Medical over 65||3 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$500|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
Earning rewards points doesn't count for much if you can't use those point for what you really want, and the nice thing about the CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite is that the flexible rewards that you earn can be used for a number of things and earned a number of different ways.
This Visa Infinite card from CIBC allows you to earn rewards on every purchase you make:
- 2 points for every $1 spent on purchases through the CIBC Rewards Centre
- 1.5 points for every $1 spent at gas stations, grocery stores, and drugstores
- 1 point for every $1 spent everywhere else
Getting more than 1 point per dollar spent is really great especially when those points are worth more than the standard 1 cent. Because of the highly valuable flights rewards, Aventura points are worth up to 2.3 cents each...
That's means at 1 point per $1 spent, you'll achieve a 2.3% return on spending. But if you get 1.5 or 2 points per $1 spent, then your return jumps to 3.5% or 4.6% respectively. A typical person with spending spread out across many areas can expect to achieve a return of about 2.77% when redeeming for high value flights.
Don't forget that this card starts you off by giving you 20,000 Welcome Bonus points - that's up to a $458 value when redeemed for flights on top of what you'll earn with your spending.
Although you do get the best bang for your buck when you redeem your points for flights, CIBC Aventura points are very valuable because they can be used for a number of different things:
- Flights on any airline (best value)
- Other types of travel
- Gift cards
- One-of-a-kind activities
- Financial services like investments, or even...
- As a statement credit to help pay down your balance
Valuable rewards are nice, but as a top flexible travel credit card, it also comes standard with 12 different types of complimentary travel and purchase insurance. Check out the "Insurance Coverage" tab above for more information on that.
And because this card is a Visa Infinite card, you are also given some nice perks and benefits through the Visa Infinite program:
- Visa Infinite Concierge
- Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection
- Visa Infinite Dining Series, as well as...
- Access to exclusive events
It also comes with a couple of features to make travelling easier. First, you’ll get access to over 1,200 airport lounges with a free Priority Pass membership and four free annual visits. Second, every fourth year get a rebate on the application fee when you apply for a NEXUS card. A great way to make travelling to the United States easier.
Bottom line, if you're looking for a travel rewards Visa that gives you high value flexible flight rewards, then this is the card for you. If you're open to an American Express, then the
If you prefer completely flexible travel rewards that give good value even on non-flight rewards, then check out the
Something to keep in mind: You need to have a fairly high income to qualify for this card.
Looking for a card with a bigger sign up bonus and some increased perks?
What are your thoughts?
Other cards you might like
People interested in this card were also interested in...
◊ The creditcardGenius algorithm calculates an estimated dollar value for all rewards and bonuses by using a typical point value a person can realistically achieve by redeeming their rewards in a reasonably optimized way. The "Welcome Bonus" is the dollar value obtained by combining of all one-time bonuses available to new cardholders within the first year. To qualify for the full bonus you may need to make purchases, meet minimum spending requirements, or complete special actions. Terms and conditions apply.