Shell CashBack World Mastercard from BMO
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Earn 3% cash back for every dollar spent at Shell locations.
- Earn 1.25% cash back for every dollar spent everywhere else.
- Complimentary Roadside Assistance (a $69/year value).
- BMO World Mastercard Travel Protection included.
- Extended warranty and purchase protection.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$750|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
|Rental Car Accident||$200,000|
|Rental Car Personal Effects||$1,000|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
BMO is not responsible for maintaining the content on this site. Please click on the Apply now link for the most up to date information.
Up to 3% cash back, comprehensive insurance, and rare roadside assistance are just a few of the benefits the BMO Shell CashBack World Mastercard has to offer. But how can you know for sure if this card is for you?
Is this card right for you?
Pop Quiz time.
Do you (choose all that apply):
- spend a lot of your time in your car?
- spend a lot of money on gas?
- pay an annual fee for a roadside assistance?
- feel like your car could break down at any moment?
- lock your keys in your car at least once a month?
- wish you had a credit card that rewarded you big time when buying gas, AND that would rescue you in the event that your car breaks down, runs out of gas, or you lock your keys in your car?
If any of those above statements ring true for you ‒ then keep reading.
Earning cash back with BMO Shell CashBack World Mastercard
Whether you have a long commute to work, you love going on roadtrips, or driving is part of your job – the BMO Shell CashBack World Mastercard is a card that could take you places.
For starters, with this card you will earn:
- 3% cash back for every dollar you spend at Shell Canada locations all across Canada (which includes Beaver, Turbo, and Payless), plus...
- 1.25% cash back on top of that for every dollar that you spend.
(Be sure to enter your monthly spending into our Spending Breakdown calculator to find out just how much cash back you could earn with this card)
It's important to note that the 3% cash back you can earn on gas is capped at $2,500 spent monthly. So, if your monthly gas expense is much greater than $2,500 you may want to consider another card.
Roadside assistance plus 10 types of free insurance
3% cash back on gas is pretty great for a cash back card, however, BMO sweetens the deal even more because on top of that, they have included a free membership to BMO Roadside Assistance Program (Basic Coverage).
Valued at $69/year and offered through Dominion Automobile Association (DAA), the included Roadside Assistance can make the $79 annual fee feel small – and it could save you hundreds over getting caught on the side of the road without it.
The card also comes with an extensive insurance package that includes 11 out of 16 different types of purchase and travel insurance. (Check out the Insurance Coverage tab above to find out more information about the insurance included with this card.)
Because this is a World Mastercard, there is a rather high minimum income requirement of $60,000 (or $100,000 minimum family income). So, if you're unable to meet that, you could always check out the
What are your thoughts?
◊ The creditcardGenius algorithm calculates an estimated dollar value for all rewards and bonuses by using a typical point value a person can realistically achieve by redeeming their rewards in a reasonably optimized way. The "Welcome Bonus" is the dollar value obtained by combining of all one-time bonuses available to new cardholders within the first year. To qualify for the full bonus you may need to make purchases, meet minimum spending requirements, or complete special actions. Terms and conditions apply.