Shell CashBack Mastercard from BMO
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Earn 1.5% cash back for every dollar you spend at Shell locations.
- Earn 0.5% cash back for every dollar you spend elsewhere.
- For a limited time earn 1% cash back for the first 6 months and receive a welcome bonus of $50.
- No annual fee.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
No annual fee cash back cards are great for anyone who doesn’t really spend enough to justify a high annual fee. And the BMO Shell CashBack Mastercard is a pretty good no fee cash back card if one of your biggest expenses is gas. So, whether you:
- travel a lot for work,
- have a long commute,
- go on a lot of road trips, or even...
- just like long drives to clear your head
Then this card could be a good one to consider.
Cash back earn rates
With the BMO Shell CashBack Mastercard cardholders will earn:
- 1.5% cash back for every $1 you spend at Shell locations all across Canada, (including Beaver, Turbo, and Payless locations) and…
- 0.5% everywhere else you shop.
If you gas up at Shell on the regular, then this card is a good no fee option with no minimum income requirements.
One thing that really makes this no fee cash back card stand out among its competitors, is that not only it gives cardholders a one time welcome bonus – you’ll also get an accelerated earn rate of 1% for the first 6 months. With with no fee cards, you get one or the other of these bonuses – typically but not both. The details?
- This card will start you off by giving you a welcome bonus of $50 after your first purchase, and...
- you will earn 1% cash back on ALL purchases for the first 6 months you have the card.
0.5% cash back is not a great return, and there are no fee cash back cards that definitely give you better returns. So, if most of your purchases are outside of Shell gas stations, then this card probably isn’t the best card for you.
Although there is purchase insurance included with this card (purchase protection and extended warranty), there isn’t any travel insurance included – so that is something to keep in mind.
If you would like to earn more, and don’t mind an annual fee, you can always check out the
What are your thoughts?
Other cards you might like
People interested in this card were also interested in...