BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- The absolute best AIR MILES credit card in Canada, by far.
- Earn 1 Mile for every $10 spent on ALL credit card purchases.
- Get 2,000 AIR MILES Bonus Miles after your first credit card purchase. That’s enough for a short-haul flight.
- Receive an exclusive 15% discount on AIR MILES flights within North America.
- Complimentary membership in Mastercard Airport Experiences provided by LoungeKey, with exclusive VIP access, plus two annual complimentary passes.
- Travel with confidence with BMO’s extensive travel warranty which includes 12 types of travel insurance including 15 days of emergency medical, lost, stolen, or delayed baggage, and rental car theft, damage and accident.
- Know that your card purchases are covered by BMO’s extended warranty and purchase protection.
- 24/7 access to experienced concierge staff.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical||15 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$750|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
|Rental Car Accident||$200,000|
|Rental Car Personal Effects||$1,000|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
The BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard has the best AIR MILES earn rate of any card out there right now, making it by far the best AIR MILES credit card on the market.
Right off the bat, it rewards you with 2,000 welcome bonus miles, which is enough for 1 short haul flight – just for making your first purchase.
AIR MILES Flight Calculator
Where could your 2K miles take you?
This ‘Where can I fly’ feature by AIR MILES lets you see exactly where your 2,000 welcome MILES can fly you.
For example, with 1,400 MILES you can go from:
- Toronto to New York, or
- Vancouver to Portland
BMO AIR MILES Mastercard Rewards
With every purchase you make, you’ll earn 1 mile for every $10 spent when most other cards offer either 1 mile per $20 spent or 1 mile per $15 spent. This is the only card that offers a rate this good on every single purchase.
Not only do you earn AIR MILES with every purchase, but this card will give you a 15% discount on AIR MILES flights within North America. If you're planning a big trip using AIR MILES, then the 15% discount alone can make applying for this card worthwhile.
World Elite Mastercard Perks
The BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard also offers perks, like:
- Mastercard Airport Experiences Provided by LoungeKey,
- 2 complimentary lounge passes, and
- 24/7 Concierge.
Keep in mind, there is a $120 annual fee attached to this card, but that’s reasonable for the combination of rewards and perks this card offers.
BMO Travel Insurance
If all that isn’t enough, then this card gives you the best insurance package of any AIR MILES credit card out there.
If insurance is a priority of yours, this card comes with 14 out of 16 possible types of insurance including: Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption, 15 days of Emergency Medical, Personal Effects insurance...and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
When this card isn’t for you
Can’t stomach the $120 annual fee?
The minimum income requirement is too high?
Check out the BMO AIR MILES World Mastercard for a slightly lower annual fee.
Or, if you want a $0 annual fee, then there’s the