SimplyCash Preferred Card from American Express
- New SimplyCash Preferred Card from American Express Cardmembers can earn 10% cash back on eligible gas, grocery and restaurant purchases in Canada for the first 6 months of Cardmembership (up to $300 cash back).
- Earn 2% cash back on all other purchases and after the first 6 months.
- No limits, tiers or restrictions on the amount of cash back you can earn.
- Enjoy Front of the Line advance ticket sales and reserved seating.
- 9 different types of insurance including: 15 days of emergency medical, hotel burglary, and purchase protection.
- Access to American Express Invites.
- Free supplementary cards.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical||15 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$500|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
The newly revamped American Express SimplyCash Prefered card is one of the top cash back cards on the market right now and for good reason. With 2% cash back on everything you buy, this card has the best all-purchase cash back rate of any card.
Then there's also an introductory rate of 10% cash back, up to $300 earned, on gas groceries and restaurant purchases for the first 6 months, lets you earn even more.
If you spend more than $1,000 per month, then the $99 annual fee will be easily paid for with even more cash left in your pocket when compared to a 1% no fee card.
Some cool perks include:
- Amex Invites and Front of the Line,
- 9 different insurance (see the Insurance Coverage tab above), and...
- for no extra fee, you can add a secondary user, and...
With this card, the more you spend, the more cash back you'll get...because there's no limit or cap.
If an annual fee isn't your thing, no worries. Because this card has a
There are some stores that just won't accept Amex, but plenty do and more are being added all the time. However, for peace of mind, you could always pair your Amex with a Visa or Mastercard to make sure you don't miss out on any rewards.
And, you only get to redeem your cash once a year as a statement credit but that does help you save it up so you don't fritter it away.