SimplyCash Preferred Card from American Express
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Promo Transfer
- Promo Term
- 6 months
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Earn 5% cash back on all eligible purchases for the first 6 months (up to $300 cash back)*.
- Earn 2% cash back on all other purchases and after the first 6 months.
- Balance Transfer rate of 1.99% for the first 6 months.
- No limits, tiers or restrictions on the amount of cash back you can earn.
- Enjoy Front of the Line advance ticket sales and reserved seating.
- 9 different types of insurance including: 15 days of emergency medical, hotel burglary, and purchase protection.
- Access to American Express Invites.
- Free additional cards.
- American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply Now button.
- * Conditions apply.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical Term||15 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$500|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
The newly revamped American Express SimplyCash Prefered card is one of the top cash back cards on the market right now and for good reason. With 2% cash back on everything you buy, this card has the best all-purchase cash back rate of any card.
Then there's also an introductory rate of 5% cash back*, up to $300 earned, on all purchases for the first 6 months, that lets you earn even more.
If you spend more than $1,000 per month, then the $99 annual fee will be easily paid for with even more cash left in your pocket when compared to a 1% no fee card.
Some cool perks include:
- Amex Invites and Front of the Line,
- 9 different insurance (see the Insurance Coverage tab above), and...
- for no extra fee, you can add a secondary user, and...
With this card, the more you spend, the more cash back you'll get...because there's no limit or cap.
If an annual fee isn't your thing, no worries. Because this card has a
There are some stores that just won't accept Amex, but plenty do and more are being added all the time. However, for peace of mind, you could always pair your Amex with a Visa or Mastercard to make sure you don't miss out on any rewards.
And, you only get to redeem your cash once a year as a statement credit but that does help you save it up so you don't fritter it away.
What are your thoughts?
◊ The creditcardGenius algorithm calculates an estimated dollar value for all rewards and bonuses by using a typical point value a person can realistically achieve by redeeming their rewards in a reasonably optimized way. The "Welcome Bonus" is the dollar value obtained by combining of all one-time bonuses available to new cardholders within the first year. To qualify for the full bonus you may need to make purchases, meet minimum spending requirements, or complete special actions. Terms and conditions apply.