American Express AIR MILES Reserve Credit Card
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Card Type
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Promo Transfer
- Promo Term
- 6 months
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Earn 1 reward mile for every $10 spent at AIR MILES Sponsors.
- Earn 1 reward mile for every $10 spent at grocery stores, gas stations, and drugstores.
- Earn 1 reward mile for every $15 spent elsewhere.
- Earn a bonus* of up to 2,400 AIR MILES when you charge a total of $3,000 within your first 3 months.
- Once a year, receive a Companion Flight for your companion to travel with you, when you redeem your points within the AIR MILES Flight program.
- AIR MILES FlexFly gives you the ability to redeem your points for other airlines and destinations that are not available within the AIR MILES Flight program.
- Enjoy exclusive perks like 4 annual passes to Priority Pass lounges worldwide, Toronto Pearson priority security, limo, and taxi lanes.
- Enjoy a 1.99% promotional rate on balance transfers for the first 6 months.
- This is the only AIR MILES card that will waive the AIR MILES flight administration fee payable at time of booking.
- With 9 different types of travel and purchase insurance, you can travel and shop with ease.
- Automatic AIR MILES Onyx status.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical||15 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$500|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply Now button.
The American Express Air Miles Reserve is a travel credit card that comes with a list exclusive benefits. However, it also comes with a hefty annual fee price tag to the tune of $299 to pay for all those perks.
Question is: what are these perks worth to you?
It starts with a pretty nice sign up bonus* of up to 2,400 AIR MILES - the highest of any AIR MILES credit card. Also earning miles is super easy because you can earn 1 mile for every $10 spent on gas, grocery, drugstore, and AIR MILES sponsor purchases.
Plus, it offers an introductory balance transfer rate of 1.99% for 6 months. Decent rewards return and interest savings is a combo you don't typically get.
But, what are the exclusive perks that make it stand out from other AIR MILES cards out there?
If you fly a lot, these 5 features alone could make this card worth the annual fee:
- Amex gives their Reserve customers 1 complimentary Companion Flight every year when you redeem your points through the AIR MILES flight program.
- You also get 4 annual passes to any of 900+ Priority Pass Lounges worldwide, as well as priority security and taxi lanes at Pearson airport - so you can save time.
- American Express AIR MILES Reserve is the only card that will waive the AIR MILES flight administration fee that you have to pay when you book your flight.
- Automatic Onyx status in the AIR MILES program giving you access to better rewards, discounts on flights and merchandise, plus more.
- The flexibility to book almost any flight with AIR MILES, including business class flights which isn't something normal AIR MILES members can do.
Then there's the 9 types of insurance coverage included with the card - check out the Insurance Coverage tab above.
Couple of cons:
- Like all American Express cards, this card is not as widely accepted everywhere (However, one way to get around this is to pair it with a top AIR MILES Mastercard),
- and yes, that $300 annual fee should give you pause.
Bottom line: If you travel a lot, have a higher yearly spend amount, and love AIR MILES - then this card is worth exploring.