American Express® AIR MILES®* Reserve Credit Card
Enjoy a large welcome bonus, a great earn rate for your rewards, and many unique and exclusive benefits that no other AIR MILES card has with the American Express AIR MILES Reserve card.
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Card Type
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Balance Transfer
- Transfer Term
- 6 months
- Personal Income
- Household Income
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical Term||15 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$500|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
The American Express Air Miles Reserve is a travel credit card that comes with a long list of exclusive benefits you won't find anywhere else. But it also comes with a hefty annual fee price tag to the tune of $299 to pay for all those fancy perks.
The question is: what are these perks worth to you? To the right person, they could cover the annual fee and then some.
Here's the lowdown on everything this card offers.
It starts with a pretty nice welcome bonus* of 2,400 AIR MILES - one of the highest bonuses of any AIR MILES credit card. And all you have to do is spend $3,000 in the first 3 months to earn them.
As to what you'll earn on your everyday purchases, this card will really reward you for spending on essentials and at AIR MILES sponsors:
- 1 mile per $10 spent on gas, groceries, drugstores, and AIR MILES partners, and
- 1 mile per $15 spent on all other purchases.
For even more rewards on top of the AIR MILES you'll earn, there's Amex Offers. You can earn bonus cash back when you make purchases through select merchants. To see what offers are available, check out our regularly updated list here.
Plus, the card offers an introductory balance transfer rate of 1.99% for 6 months. Decent rewards return and interest savings is a combo you don’t typically get.
Amex AIR MILES Reserve perks
But, what are the exclusive perks that make it stand out from every other AIR MILES credit card out there?
If you fly a lot, these 5 features alone could make this card worth the annual fee:
- Amex gives their Reserve customers 1 complimentary Companion Flight every year when you redeem your points through the AIR MILES flight program.
- You also get 4 annual passes to any of the 900+ Priority Pass Lounges worldwide, as well as priority security and taxi lanes at Pearson airport – saving you time and money.
- American Express AIR MILES Reserve is the only card that will waive the AIR MILES flight administration fee you have to pay when you book your flight.
- Automatic Onyx status in the AIR MILES program gives you access to better rewards, discounts on flights and merchandise, and much more.
- The flexibility to book almost any flight with AIR MILES, including business class flights which isn’t something normal AIR MILES members can do.
And to top it all off, there are the 9 types of insurance coverage included with the card – check out the Insurance Coverage tab above.
Of course, there are a couple of cons with this card:
- Not as widely accepted everywhere, like all American Express cards (One way to get around this is to pair it with a top AIR MILES Mastercard),
- and yes, that $300 annual fee may give you pause.
If you travel a lot, have a higher yearly spend amount, and love AIR MILES – then this card is worth exploring.
Prefer an AIR MILES card with a lower annual fee, higher earn rates, and more acceptance? The
Or, do you just want to earn the most AIR MILES possible? Then consider the