American Express AIR MILES Platinum Credit Card
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Cash Advance
- Balance Transfer
- Promo Transfer
- Promo Term
- 6 months
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Earn 1 reward mile for every $10 spent at AIR MILES Sponsors.
- Earn 1 reward mile for every $10 spent at grocery stores, gas stations, and drugstores.
- Earn 1 reward mile for every $15 spent elsewhere.
- Earn a bonus* of up to 2,000 AIR MILES when you charge a total of $1,500 within your first 3 months. That’s enough for a short flight.
- The AIR MILES card that gives the best mix of rewards and low annual fee.
- Enjoy promotional rate for 1.99% on balance transfers for first 6 months.
- Redeem your miles for a wide range of rewards - everything from movie tickets to plane tickets, and more.
- Enjoy Front of the Line advance ticket sales and reserved seating.
- Refer a friend, and earn 500 reward miles for each approved referral.
- Coverage for rental car theft and damage, travel accident, as well as purchase protection and extended warranty.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply Now button.
Any card that gives you enough sign up points to get a free flight (before taxes & fees), is worth finding out more about. That's doubly true when that card has a lower annual fee than most of it's competitors - and the American Express AIR MILES Platinum fits that bill.
With an annual fee of $65, this card gives you decent earning potential at half the cost of most travel rewards cards. If you're looking for the best mix of rewards and a low annual fee, this is the card for you.
The Amex AIR MILES Platinum card will start you off with up to 2,000 miles* (worth around $346) and then allow you to earn 1 mile for every $10 spent at AIR MILES sponsors, grocery stores, gas stations and drug stores and then 1 point for every $15 spent everywhere else you use your card.
As with many American Express cards, you are able to earn extra rewards by referring friends - such a cool perk. Plus, Amex also opens the door to American Express Invites and Front of the Line ticket reservations, letting you get tickets to all the hottest events. Why wouldn't you tell your friends about that?
Though not as extensive as some more premium credit cards, the American Express Air Miles Platinum credit card also includes some nice insurance benefits. Be sure to click on the "Insurance Coverage" tab above to find out some more information.
While American Express cards are not accepted quite as often as Mastercard and Visa, this card does have some features that make that fact easy to overlook. Flexible rewards, a nice earn rate, and an affordable annual fee, make it worth considering.
What are your thoughts?
Other cards you might like
People interested in this card were also interested in...
◊ The creditcardGenius algorithm calculates an estimated dollar value for all rewards and bonuses by using a typical point value a person can realistically achieve by redeeming their rewards in a reasonably optimized way. The "Welcome Bonus" is the dollar value obtained by combining of all one-time bonuses available to new cardholders within the first year. To qualify for the full bonus you may need to make purchases, meet minimum spending requirements, or complete special actions. Terms and conditions apply.