American Express AIR MILES Credit Card
- Earn 1 reward mile for every $15 spent at AIR MILES Sponsors.
- Earn 1 reward mile for every $20 spent elsewhere.
- Earn a bonus of 500 AIR MILES when you charge a total of $500 within your first 3 months.
- Enjoy a promotional rate of 1.99% on balance transfers for the first 6 months.
- Redeem your miles for a wide range of rewards - everything from sport tickets to electronics, travel and more.
- Enjoy Front of the Line advance ticket sales and reserved seating.
- Refer a friend, and earn 200 reward miles for each approved referral.
- Comes with insurance coverage for travel accident, purchase protection and extended warranty.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
Amex cards might not be quite as well accepted as Mastercard and Visa, but they are known for their increased perks and rewards - even on no fee cards like this one. However, if you’re worried about Amex’s acceptance, you could always pair your American Express with a top no fee travel & rewards Visa or Mastercard.
With American Express AIR MILES, you earn rewards every time you use your card and enjoy an increased earning rate at a long list of AIR MILES partners.
You'll also earn a sign up bonus of 500 AIR MILES when you use your card for $500 worth of purchases in the first 3 months. When redeemed for AIR MILES Cash, that's worth $52.50 as your favourite AIR MILES store.
Amex also offers you a rare opportunity to earn rewards for referring friends and family to the card. You can earn 500 miles for each person you refer using your own special link.
Besides having no annual fee, American Express Air Miles offers a promotional rate of 1.99% on balance transfers for the first 6 months. So you save on pre-existing interest rates and get out of debt even faster.
Shop and travel with some peace of mind, at no extra cost, because this card offers 3 different types of insurance:
- Travel accident
- Purchase protection
- Extended warranty
Check out the "Insurance Coverage" tab above for details.
When this card may not be for you:
- If you'd rather have a higher earn rate. AIR MILES have a high 10.5 cent value, or more, but they are much slower to earn than most other rewards programs.
- If you do most of your shopping on retailers that don't accept an Amex card.
- If insurance is important to you and you're looking for a card that offers more.