American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Cash Advance
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Earn 1 Aeroplan mile for every $1 spent on your first $10,000 annually.
- Earn 1.25 Aeroplan miles for every $1 spent over $10,000 annually, higher than most cards.
- Earn a bonus of up to 15,000 Aeroplan miles* when you charge a total of $1,500 within your first 3 months.
- 8 different types of travel and purchase insurance included: Flight and baggage delay, hotel burglary, extended warranty and purchase protection, to name a few.
- Enjoy Front of the Line advance ticket sales and reserved seating.
- 2 free supplementary cards (a $100 value).
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||$500|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply Now button.
As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month.
First keep in mind that the Aeroplan program will be undergoing major changes in 2020 which could impact reward value. Full details here.
There's still plenty of value to be had with Aeroplan until then, and likely afterwards as well.
The American Express AeroplanPlus Gold card allows you to earn Aeroplan Miles everywhere you shop. Cardholders earn 1 Aeroplan Mile for every dollar spent, however, If you spend more than $10,000 annually, you will earn 1.25 Aeroplan Miles for every $1 spent.
Amex AeroplanPlus card are the only way to earn more than 1 mile per dollar spent on all everyday purchases.
The AeroplanPlus Gold card from Amex also has a big sign up bonus*. If you spend $1,500 without your first 3 months you will earn up to 15,000 miles - around a $375 value when redeemed for flights. That alone makes the annual fee a little easier to bear.
Another feature that makes the annual fee easier to stomach is the fact that you can get 2 free supplementary cards for no additional fee. Most premium cards with an annual fee, also make you pay an annual fee for secondary cards - that's $100 worth in savings and increased rewards from family members adding in their spending.
There are also 8 different types of insurance that come standard with this card, which makes shopping and traveling worry free. Feel free to check out the "Insurance Coverage" tab above to find out all the insurance details.
If you want an American Express Aeroplan card with a lower fee you could always check out the
A few other cards that might interest you.