American Express AeroplanPlus Card
- Annual Fee
- Extra Card Fee
- Cash Advance
- Personal Income
- Household Income
- Earn 1 mile for every $1 spent.
- Earn up to 5,000 sign up bonus miles* when you spend $500 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- No pre-set spending limits on purchases.
- Enjoy exclusive offers from American Express Invites.
- Access to Front Of The Line advanced ticket sales and reserve seating.
- Useful rewards that can be redeem for Air Canada flights, hotel stays, car rentals, vacation packages, merchandise, and more.
- Purchases covered by an extended warranty and purchase protection, plus this card comes with travel accident insurance.
- American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply Now button.
- As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month.
- * Conditions apply.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
Other cards you might like
People interested in this card were also interested in...
Just because the future of Aeroplan is a little up in the air at the moment given the 2020 changes, doesn't mean that Aeroplan credit cards aren't worth having a closer look at.
The American Express Aeroplan card gives it's users 1 mile for every dollar spent and they start you off with a sign up bonus of up to 5,000 miles* when you spend $500 in purchases in your first 3 months. - that’s about a $125 value when redeemed for flights.
Not a bad way to start off. The rewards you earn with your Amex AeroplanPlus card allows you to get flights through Air Canada, hotel stays, car rentals, vacation packages and so much more.
Like other American Express cards, the AeroplanPlus card offers its users American Express Invites and Front Of The Line. You'll get tickets to all the concerts on your list thanks to advance ticket sales and reserved seating. If you're a concert goer - that is a pretty valuable add on.
Two negatives for this card:
- Like all Amex cards, this one gets some flak for not being as widely accepted. (Here’s an idea: pair it with a top no fee travel Mastercard or Visa.)
- Only 3 types of insurance included.
One more thing to keep in mind with this card is that it is a charge card and not a credit card. If you are the type of person who usually carries a credit card balance, then this card is definitely not for you. With an interest rate of 30%, this card is made for people who use the card, and then pay it off before grace period is up.
But, if you never carry a balance, and want an Aeroplan card with a nice earn rate, a great sign up bonus, and nice American Express benefits all at a low annual fee, this could be the one for you.
What are your thoughts?
◊ The creditcardGenius algorithm calculates an estimated dollar value for all rewards and bonuses by using a typical point value a person can realistically achieve by redeeming their rewards in a reasonably optimized way. The "Welcome Bonus" is the dollar value obtained by combining of all one-time bonuses available to new cardholders within the first year. To qualify for the full bonus you may need to make purchases, meet minimum spending requirements, or complete special actions. Terms and conditions apply.