American Express AeroplanPlus Card
- Earn 1 Mile for every $1 spent.
- Earn 5,000 sign up Bonus Miles.
- No pre-set spending limits on purchases.
- Access to Front Of The Line advanced ticket sales and reserve seating.
- Enjoy exclusive offers from American Express Invites.
- Flexible rewards that can be redeem for Air Canada flights, hotel stays, car rentals, vacation packages, merchandise, and more.
- Purchases covered by an extended warranty and purchase protection, plus this card comes with travel accident insurance.
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
Please review your insurance certificate for details, exclusions and limitations of your coverage.
Just because the future of Aeroplan is a little up in the air at the moment given the 2020 changes, doesn't mean that Aeroplan credit cards aren't worth having a closer look at.
The American Express Aeroplan card gives it's users 1 Mile for every dollar spent and they start you off with a sign up bonus of 5,000 - about a $125 value when redeemed for flights.
Not a bad way to start off. The rewards you earn with your Amex AeroplanPlus card allows you to get flights through Air Canada, hotel stays, car rentals, vacation packages and so much more.
Like other American Express cards, the AeroplanPlus card offers its users American Express Invites and Front Of The Line. You'll get tickets to all the concerts on your list thanks to advance ticket sales and reserved seating. If you're a concert goer - that is a pretty valuable add on.
Two negatives for this card:
- Like all Amex cards, this one gets some flak for not being as widely accepted. (Here’s an idea: pair it with a top no fee travel Mastercard or Visa.)
- Only 3 types of insurance included.
One more thing to keep in mind with this card is that it is a charge card and not a credit card. If you are the type of person who usually carries a credit card balance, then this card is definitely not for you. With an interest rate of 30%, this card is made for people who use the card, and then pay it off before grace period is up.
But, if you never carry a balance, and want an Aeroplan card with a nice earn rate, a great sign up bonus, and nice American Express benefits all at a low annual fee, this could be the one for you.