There are some changes coming to
On November 1st, 2017, the annual fee for the West Jet World Elite will be rising:
- from $99 to $119 for the primary card, and
- from $49 to $59 for each additional cards.
The WestJet World Elite card is a premium credit card that has been known for giving cardholders::
- 10 types of comprehensive insurance,
- an annual round trip discounted companion voucher to anywhere that WestJet flies,
- the ability to earn rewards with every purchase and redeem them with no blackouts and no restrictions, and…
- your first checked bag free on all WestJet flights.
And now with this rise in annual fee, RBC plans to give it’s cardholders two additional perks.
Mastercard Concierge Service
Some people will consider 24/7 Concierge Service alone worth the extra $20 annually. And as long as you put it to good use, it should be.
Concierge Service will not only help you with planning your next trip, but they will also help you get last-minute reservations to your favorite restaurant, hard to score concert tickets, and even help you find that perfect gift for a special someone.
Mastercard Airport Experiences provided by LoungeKey
RBC’s WestJet card will now also come with Membership to over 800 airport lounges worldwide, helping to make your travel experience even better.
Keeping in mind, however, that this only gives you membership to the lounge, and not the passes themselves. You will still have to pay each time you visit the lounge.
Only 200 gift cards left.
Back to you
With the two perks that RBC has decided to add-on, do you think the $20 increase in annual fee is worth it?