One good thing about donation, once you do it, you get addicted to it because it brings great joy and happiness to you. – Debasish Mridha
When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed. – Maya Angelou
It’s no secret that it feels good to give to someone in need.
When you are able to donate your time, your money, or your services, something special happens.
And although giving shouldn’t be about what we can get in return, every once in a while an opportunity comes along when in giving, we are given something back.
Sounds like a win-win to me.
Earn 20 reward points for every $1 donated
For a limited time – until September 30th, 2018 – you will be able to get 20 Aeroplan Miles or 20
So, whether you’re trying to save up miles for a trip, or you’re a movie buff like me, this promotion from Red Cross could be something you can get excited about.
20 points for every $1 donated is pretty impressive as well.
Plus, if you can’t decide between Aeroplan Miles or Scene points, you can get a 50/50 split between the two.
The Canadian Red Cross
If you’re unfamiliar with the Canadian Red Cross, they have a number of areas where they work to help Canadians.
The organization was founded in 1896 and they are one of Canada’s largest charities.
With approximately 9% of revenue going to administration costs, and 10% going to cover fundraising costs, approximately 81% of all the money the Red Cross raises goes directly to the programs and services they offer to Canadians.
Below are some of the most recent statistics on what the Red Cross does in the communities around Canada.
Ends December 18, 2019.
Important things to note
As with most promotions, there are always important things to know, and this promotion is no different.
- This offer is only valid for donations made through www.redcross.ca/rewardpoints2018, www.redcross.ca/aeroplan2018, or www.redcross.ca/scene2018, from September 1, 2018 to September 30, 2018.
- The name provided on the donation must match the name on the Aeroplan or Scene account.
- You must have an Aeroplan or Scene account before making your donation.
- Tax receipts will not be distributed to anyone who receives Aeroplan Miles or Scene points.
- With an Aeroplan Mile worth approximately 2.5 cents and Scene points worth about 1.2 cents, you will be getting a better value if you choose Aeroplan as your reward.
However, with the future of these miles still up in the air, you might be better off going with Scene points – especially if you enjoy going to the movies.
The Scene Visa by Scotiabank
If the sound of free movies sounds good to you, the
This card will give you 5 points for every $1 you spend at Cineplex, as well as 1 point for every $1 you spend everywhere else.
Compared to 20 points for every $1 donated, it might not seem like much, but with a 2,000 Scene point welcome bonus, and no annual fee, this card will have you enjoying lots of Cineplex rewards throughout the year.