Looking to using Marriott Bonvoy points soon, but don’t have quite enough and need a little more?
Well, lucky for you Marriott Bonvoy is offering a 25% reduction in price when you buy 5,000 or more points until May 15, 2019.
This way, you won’t have to scrounge up more points for your next vacation. Simply purchase what you need, and make your booking.
Marriott Bonvoy discount details
How do you purchase points? First, head over to this site and login to your Marriott account.
Then, simply choose from the menu how many points you want to purchase. You can purchase points in increments of 1,000, with a maximum purchase of 50,000 points.
Once you have made your purchase, it’ll take 24-48 hours for them to show up in your account.
And that’s it. You’ll be on your way for a holiday in no time.
Is it worth it?
So, is this discount a good bang for your buck? The short answer is no.
We value a single Marriott point when redeemed for a hotel stay at 0.97 cents CAD. With this promotion, you’ll pay approximately 0.94 US cents per point, or 1.27 cents per point when converted to Canadian. So you’re overpaying 0.3 cents.
However, if you just need some extra points, it may be worth it to get free accommodation sooner.
Ends January 31, 2020.
Level-up your Marriott Bonvoy points
Always find yourself looking for more Marriott points? A credit card is a great way to earn them.
Here are a few choices for getting more Marriott points.
|Credit card||Welcome Bonus||Earn Rate||Annual fee||Apply Now|
|Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card||50,000 points (terms)||Up to 5 points per $1||$120||Apply Now|
|American Express Cobalt™ Card||Up to 30,000 points (terms)||Up to 5 points per $1||$120, charged out as $10 per month||Apply Now|
|American Express Platinum Card®||50,000 points (terms)||Up to 3 points per $1||$699||Apply Now|
American Express Marriott Bonvoy Card
The only Marriott Bonvoy branded personal card in Canada, the
For starters, get a welcome bonus of 50,000 points after spending $1,500 in the first 3 months. That right there is enough points for 3 free nights at up to a category 2 hotel.
And, here’s what you’ll earn on all of your purchases:
- 5 points per $1 spent at Marriott properties, and
- 2 points per $1 spent on all other purchases.
It doesn’t end there. You get access to some great Marriott perks as well:
- Free night stay each year on your card’s anniversary, for a stay of up to 35,000 points,
- Marriott Bonvoy Silver elite status,
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status after spending $30,000 annually, and
- 15 elite night credits every year.
The free night alone more than covers the annual fee. With an average value of 0.97 cent per point for hotel stays, this voucher can be worth up to $339. And the other Marriott perks only serve to make your stays even better,
All for an annual fee of $120 and no income requirements.
Get the details here:
American Express Cobalt™ Card
While it earns Amex Membership Rewards points, the
And while not a Marriott branded card, you can transfer your points at a 5:6 ratio to Marriott Bonvoy.
What does this card earn for points? As part of signing up, get a welcome bonus of 2,500 points for every month you spend $500 in the first year, for a total of up to 30,000 Amex points. When converted, that’s a welcome bonus worth 36,000 Marriott Bonvoy points.
And then earn lots of points on your purchases:
- 5 points per $1 spent on groceries and dining,
- 2 points per $1 spent on travel, transit and gas, and
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
For the most points for your purchases, you can’t go wrong with this card.
Get the full details here:
American Express Platinum Card®
While it’ll earn the fewest points of the group, the
For starters, earn 50,000 points as a welcome bonus after spending 3,000 in the first 3 months. When converted, this gives you 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points.
On top of that, earn points on your day to day purchases:
- 3 points per $1 spent on eligible dining,
- 2 points per $1 spent on eligible travel, and
- 1 point per $1 spent everywhere.
Good earn rates, but nothing extravagant. But where it stands out is with the perks. What are these perks? Here’s a sampling of what is available:
- Annual $200 travel credit, for bookings made through American Express,
- Upgraded status in 4 hotel programs, including Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status,
- Free airport lounge visits for you and a guest at over 1,200 lounges worldwide,
- Discounted premium economy, business and first class tickets on select airlines with the International Travel Program, and
- VIP benefits at Toronto-Pearson airport.
Get preferential treatment, and live life in the fast lane with this card.
It does come with an annual fee of $699, but you’ll get your money’s worth with this card.
Get the full details here: