If you have a TD Rewards credit card, there are a multitude of ways to use your points…
- 2 travel options,
- gift cards,
- cash statement credits, and even
- help to pay for your education.
But, if you want the best value for your points (and maximize the return you get from your credit card), you’ll want to redeem through Expedia For TD.
To help you get the most out of Expedia For TD and be confident that you’re getting a great deal when you go to redeem your hard earned points, we’ve created this handy guide.
Expedia For TD
1. How does Expedia For TD work?
First, login to your TD Rewards account and make a travel booking at Expedia For TD. When it’s time to check out, you can use your points, pay for the entire purchase using a TD Rewards credit card, or use a combination of both.
If you want to use your points, you’ll have to use them in 200 point increments (or $1 in value).
2. What can be found on Expedia For TD?
Basically, anything you find at Expedia.ca is available at Expedia For TD. The TD version of the site is just a special portal where you can use your points and get increased earnings on the purchases you make.
Added bonus: It also provides you with a dedicated customer service line.
3. What can I book through Expedia For TD?
There’s no shortage of options to use your points:
- car rentals,
- all-inclusive vacations,
- cruises, and
- train travel.
There are a few main reasons you’ll want to use Expedia For TD.
- You’ll get the exact same value no matter what you redeem your points for – 0.5 cents each.
- All TD Rewards credit cards offer bonus points for making purchases at Expedia for TD.
- When you purchase or redeem points for flights, you can still collect Aeroplan miles, WestJet Dollars, VIPorter points or any other airline miles as well.
Tip: You could choose instead to use your points to book any travel purchase you like from any travel provider. However, doing so will reduce the value of your points. On the first $1,200 of a single transaction, each point is only worth 0.4 cents each, a 20% reduction in value.
Above and beyond $1,200, your points will be worth 0.5 cents each, the same as Expedia For TD.
For example, if you redeem points for a $2,000 travel purchase, you’ll need 300,000 points for the first $1,200, and 160,000 points for the remaining $800 for a total of 460,000 points. But if you redeem at Expedia For TD, you’ll only needed 400,000 points.
Any other redemption option gives you a value of 0.4 cents or less.
However, there’s one catch with Expedia For TD – their price matching policy.
Expedia For TD price matching
Expedia for TD does price match, BUT it’s only on hotels and flight & hotel packages.
If you book anything else, there’s no guarantee.
4. How does a price matching claim work?
Here’s the checklist from the Expedia For TD site, if you answer no to any of these questions, you won’t be eligible:
- If you’re price matching a travel package, was it booked in the last 24 hours?
- If you’re price matching a hotel, is your check-in at least 48 hours away?
- Are the travel dates the same?
- Does the hotel’s room type, rate and cancellation policy match the hotel portion of your booking?
- Do the airline’s cabin class, booking code, and cancellation policy match the flight portion of your booking? And…
- Are the details of each part of the fully paid flight+hotel package the same?
If all the details match, you’ll be able to get the price difference refunded.
For flight and hotel packages, you can even use prices you find on multiple websites and still get a refund.
Plus, the hotel policy is quite good. It’s worth the effort to check on hotel rates and see if you can find a better price.
Want to submit a price match application? Head to this page to see the guidelines and to submit your claim.
Expedia For TD login
5. How do I login to my Expedia For TD account?
First, you have to register your TD Rewards account (you can do that here).
Once registered, you can login with your account information. Head to the “redeem” section, click on “Expedia For TD” and start planning your next getaway.
Expedia For TD contact
6. How can I contact the fine people of Expedia For TD?
Call 1-877-222-6492. It’s a dedicated line for Expedia For TD service and support.
TD Rewards credit cards
7. How do I earn rewards to use at Expedia For TD?
TD has 3 cards that will give you points to redeem through Expedia For TD, from a no annual fee card to a premium Visa Infinite.
We’ll give an overview of each card, and focus on what they earn while making purchases at Expedia For TD.
Related: Best Travel Credit Cards
TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite
The premium offering of the group, the
First, this card comes with a sign-up bonus of up to 80,000 points, that’s $400 you can use at Expedia For TD:
- 20,000 points after your first purchase, and
- 60,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months.
It’s a limited time offer, and only available until June 2, 2019 (the normal sign-up bonus is up to 40,000 points).
Then, you’ll earn points on your daily spending:
- 9 points per $1 spent at Expedia For TD (6 points if booked over the phone), and
- 3 points per $1 spent everywhere else.
That means you’ll get a return of 4.5% on your spending at Expedia For TD, and one of the highest returns for travel purchases you’ll find on a credit card.
Plus, you also get a 1.5% return on all of your other spending.
It has an annual fee of $120, but for a limited time, it’s waived for the first year, giving you a chance to see how it works for you and your spending. You’ll need to have either $60,000 personal or $100,000 household income to qualify.
Get the full details here:
Related: First Year Free Credit Card Deals
TD Platinum Travel Visa
Don’t meet the income requirements of a Visa Infinite card? The
To start, you’ll get a sign-up bonus of up to 25,000 points:
- 15,000 points after your first purchase, and
- 10,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months.
This is still a solid $125 in value at Expedia For TD.
It also comes with some good earn rates as well:
- 5 points per $1 spent at Expedia For TD (3 points if booked by phone),
- 3 points per $1 spent on groceries and bill payments, and
- 2 points per $1 spent on everything else.
That means you’ll get a good 2.5% return on your Expedia For TD purchases, and up to 1.5% on your day to day purchases.
This card has a lower annual fee, $89, that’s also waived for the first year. Plus, this card has no minimum income requirements.
Get the full details here:
TD Rewards Visa
The no annual fee card in the group, the
First, you’ll get 5,000 points when you keep your account open, active, and in good standing for 3 months.
And then you’ll earn:
- 3 points per $1 spent at Expedia For TD (2 points for bookings made by phone),
- 2 points per $1 spent on groceries and restaurants, and
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
That means you’ll get a 1.5% return on your Expedia For TD spending, one of the best returns for a no fee travel card.
Plus, you’ll still get up to 1% on all of your other purchases.
Get all the details here:
Quantities are limited.
Where will be your next travel destination?
Expedia For TD offers a great way to use points for any type of travel deal you can find with Expedia.
Plus, you’ll earn bonus points for any purchase you make on the site with 3 of TD’s travel cards.
Do you have a TD Rewards Visa? Have you used Expedia For TD?
Let us know by leaving a comment below.